Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
mak1965

Credit Card - Bilkish Associates

I need your advise please, changed jobs in Dubai but unfortunately couldn't get a new employment Visa due to what was termed as my Nationality, I had to leave Dubai with an overstay of 90 days which I payed the fine.
I had a credit card with which i had for over six years and paying at least 1,500.00 Dirhams per month.
I informed the bank about my status and requested me to pay again the whole amount again to close the account, I am still struggling for a better job and I have received two mails from different people from Bilkish of which I have no idea about and I had started negotiating with another collection company, I am wondering if Bilkish has a right to threaten me of arrest if I dont pay in 48hrs.
Please your advise will be highly appreciated
mak1965 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-19-2016, 07:19 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Credit Card - Bilkish Associates

I wish to inform you that credit card default is a civil matter in Kenya while it is a criminal matter in Dubai. You may inform Bilkish that you are negotiating the repayment with the bank in Dubai and you may not be harassed in Kenya in the matter. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2016, 05:53 AM   #3
mak1965

Default Re: Credit Card - Bilkish Associates

Thank you AFFA, could you please assist me with your email? I will be keeping you updated on it and will be happy for your assistance and advise
mak1965 is offline   Reply With Quote