Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > Forum Information > Law News

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
WSJ Law Blog

Default Obama Immigration Plan Could Ease Court Backlog

Immigration lawyers say President Barack Obama's immigration actions could give some relief to the nation's beleaguered immigration courts, whose backlog of pending cases has swelled to more than 420,000.

More...

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Obama Immigration Plan Could Ease Court Backlog

Meanwhile it will overwhelm unemployment, HUD, Medicaid and Social Security to name a few. After these people reach retirement age and are forced to be granted SSI and medicare since they won't have earned any or anything close to the SSI amount, the SSA will be forking out billions in free money and medical care. When the US has finally printed so much money giving all these illegals a free ride, we will be bankrupt and the American Union will form. It will consist of the top 5 % who are rich and everyone else who lives in poverty.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

None of the entitlements listed in Disagreeable's post are available to those given forbearance for two years from deportation. They will be given work permits so they can register, work legally for two years. They will be contributing to social security, medicare and state and federal taxes-- without any guarantee of entitlement to ever collect on any federal benefits

Estimates are that more than 25 billion dollars will flow into the US treasury over the next two years. Many are currently working under the table now so they are not paying taxes. Money that goes into the treasury will.go to paying social security and disability for those now receiving it now. Like the above poster. He is misinformed
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #4
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

Now those people can get a SS number and receive welfare benefits for their entire family legally, not just the anchor baby. Their anchor baby can petition for their citizenship at age 21. Once they have a SS number and a DL, they have all the documents required to falsify an I-9 for life. Apparently you do not have much experience with the law, which is not a surprise. An employer can be sued for requiring proof of legal status once the two legal document required have been provided. I have provided a link to an I-9 so you can be taught another lesson in US law that you have no clue about. Once a person acquires enough credits, under SS, if the amount they earned does not exceed the SSI amount at age 65, they are entitled to collect SSI and receive free healthcare. SS is not going to care what their legal status is if they have a SS number they are deemed to be legally collecting. Most of them will only earn enough to get a refund and will illegally file for earned income credit which the IRS has already overpaid billions to those with ITIN's for because they do not have a system in place to stop the illegal refunds and payment claimed. Once they have an SS number, the IRS will not know they are illegals and it will make the tax collection losses and EIC losses mount exponentially. I do get so tired of teaching you the law and how it is circumvented by illegals. Perhaps when my memory and cognitive abilities get bad enough I do not recognize my wife, I will become a paralegal.

http://www.jobs.irs.gov/downloads/sc...rification.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend In Court View Post
None of the entitlements listed in Disagreeable's post are available to those given forbearance for two years from deportation. They will be given work permits so they can register, work legally for two years. They will be contributing to social security, medicare and state and federal taxes-- without any guarantee of entitlement to ever collect on any federal benefits

Estimates are that more than 25 billion dollars will flow into the US treasury over the next two years. Many are currently working under the table now so they are not paying taxes. Money that goes into the treasury will.go to paying social security and disability for those now receiving it now. Like the above poster. He is misinformed

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #5
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

Oh I forgot to mention, you did not state where these 4.1 million jobs were going to appear out of thin air from. Every job taken by one of these people is a US citizen unemployed, likely receiving a government subsidy. In fact, it is very likely the lower quality the job, the more likely one is to be fired so their wage of $8 - $12 an hour can be replaced by one of the 4.1 million for minimum wage.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:05 PM   #6
Friend In Court
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disagreeable View Post
Oh I forgot to mention, you did not state where these 4.1 million jobs were going to appear out of thin air from. Every job taken by one of these people is a US citizen unemployed, likely receiving a government subsidy. In fact, it is very likely the lower quality the job, the more likely one is to be fired so their wage of $8 - $12 an hour can be replaced by one of the 4.1 million for minimum wage.
Why someone who admittedly hasn't worked in over 20 years is concerned about someone "taking jobs" mystifies. No one is a threat to a job to someone who has been on disability for more than 20 years. .

Mose of these people ARE working, at jobs like picking lettuce in 100 degree heat, cleaning people's homes and hotel rooms, some own businesses that employ others (1 out of 10 businesses in owned by an immigrant), picking the tomatoes and grapes that end up on his table -- for which he pays a low price because they are paid slave labor rates -- one is a news reporter for a major network TV station -- some are working on constructions sites, regularly, are working as landscapers. The difference that many of these jobs are "off the books" because the people are off the rolls. They are supporting their families with jobs already. And have been for five or more years. Th e difference now is that they will be on the rolls, paying taxes . Paying into medicare, state unemployment and workmen's comp funds, and into social security -- the fund from which the poster draws his monthly check. Without the ability to collect on these benefits.

They are not being given citizenship or on the path to it. The President, as presidents have done since Eisenhower, has used his prosecutorial discretion to defer deportation -- to this group, those with families who have been here 5 or more years. In 1986 this policy was codified by Congress authorizing the President to do so, actions which had been taken by presidents since Eisenhower -- that policy being implemented secretly by Nixon -- discovered by John Lennon's lawyer about 1974 -- and then codified by Congress under Reagan in 1986. When President Reagan gave amnesty, legal citizenship to millions, not just deferred action.

There are no subsidies. The people will be given work permits, most of them currently working anyway, just "in the shadows" and many not paying taxes. Now they will be paying taxes into the US Treasury, $25 billion the estimate -- without the privileges of citizens. Which will go into social security and medicare funds. For people currently on it, like DIsagreeable.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #7
Friend In Court
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disagreeable View Post
Now those people can get a SS number and receive welfare benefits for their entire family legally, not just the anchor baby. Their anchor baby can petition for their citizenship at age 21. Once they have a SS number and a DL, they have all the documents required to falsify an I-9 for life. Apparently you do not have much experience with the law, which is not a surprise. An employer can be sued for requiring proof of legal status once the two legal document required have been provided. I have provided a link to an I-9 so you can be taught another lesson in US law that you have no clue about. Once a person acquires enough credits, under SS, if the amount they earned does not exceed the SSI amount at age 65, they are entitled to collect SSI and receive free healthcare. SS is not going to care what their legal status is if they have a SS number they are deemed to be legally collecting. Most of them will only earn enough to get a refund and will illegally file for earned income credit which the IRS has already overpaid billions to those with ITIN's for because they do not have a system in place to stop the illegal refunds and payment claimed. Once they have an SS number, the IRS will not know they are illegals and it will make the tax collection losses and EIC losses mount exponentially. I do get so tired of teaching you the law and how it is circumvented by illegals. Perhaps when my memory and cognitive abilities get bad enough I do not recognize my wife, I will become a paralegal.

http://www.jobs.irs.gov/downloads/sc...rification.pdf

Get a job!

Old 11-26-2014, 07:00 AM   #8
gehilaw

It's historical step. Most of the pending cases will clear and most of the illegal immigrants who has moral character will benefited and criminals might deported.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #9
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

Some of my contentions in print. The illegals can end up eligible for insurance and SS into the trillions. They can earn their 10 quarters by using the SS number assigned and a DL to file an i-9 for new job, employers cannot challenge their legal status and fire them over it. Obama admits he did not use Presidential authority to expound on the Constitution, he just created his own damn law.

Fight brewing over Social Security benefits for illegal immigrants | WashingtonExaminer.com

Obama changes tune on immigration: Yes, I changed the law | WashingtonExaminer.com

Old 11-30-2014, 01:20 AM   #10
Friend In Court
Top Level Member

Reagan went further and granted amnesty and citizenship, the conservative's standard bearer.

The executive order is in effect for a maximum of three years. Or until the Party Of No decides to finally do what the voters sent them to Washington to do-- pass a bill!!!

Disagreeable, you admitedly have been collecting disability for 20 plus years-- tens of thousands more than you ever contributed -- living off the working taxpayer. What is your problem with issuing work permits so people can work and support their families? And contribute to the Social Security fund you are drawing your livlihood from?