•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • waiting for justice
    ☆☆☆
    • Apr 2009

Re: How to take father's name off of the birth certificate

unregistered. If your a legal adult and have children you have the right to control who is in your childs life. Taking your fathrs name off your birth certificate does nothing at all. he is still your father and their grandfather. What makes him a POS? I believe, and being a grandmother i firmly believe that grandparents need to be in their grand childrens lives as long as they are a good influence. My grandchildren have a pair of grandparetns that are real POS's. But they still see them. Not my doing of course. But the kids love them and thats all they know. They arent old enough to understand what they are. And no one should ever try to turn them against any one.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Wow. How many years has it been that you've been at this?

You'd be much better off spending your time getting an education so you can communicate like a human being instead of a neanderthal.

This "should have" blame game serves no purpose. The child is here now. We have to live in the reality that is here and now and stop living in "should have" land.

The only thing you accomplish with your ridiculous responses is to show the world how psychologically damaged you are.
      she choose him, now she has to live with that choice-wether she wants to or not.in the future she should choose more carefully who she decides to have unprotected sex with.

Comment

• Friend In Court
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Apr 2011
        • United States

The mother names the father of the child if he is not present for the birth. The doctor fills out the "certificate of Live Birth", with the mother as source of the information.

Comment

• Unregistered

The best things for a woman to do when unmarried is to not name the father at the hospital that way when the loser is up to his old tricks he doesn't have rights. Better yet,move away when you find out your pregnant

Comment

• Friend In Court
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Apr 2011
            • United States

A birth and one's biological roots cannot be undone just because one parent wants it. As to not knowing the nature of someone before bedding down with them, that's one's own fault. People should know one enough well enough and long enough, like a year or more, before they decide to marry and THEN have children -- not just lay down with no commitment to each other than to make each other feel good -- for the time being. It's not the popular thing nowadays to delay having children until after marrying and having some standards, first. But this forum shows the sad results of bearing children with no forethought as to who and how, what is required to raise them properly.

No, one cannot "take a parent's name off a birth certificate." The Dept of Vital Statistics issues the birth certificates from the Certificate of Live Birth submitted by the attending physician.

A biologiclal parent will be a biological parent for the child's entire life, regardless of the wishes or the other parent -- or even stepparent adoption. For abuse, neglect, parental rights can be terminated. A child may be adopted by a stepparent. But the child will eventually want to know the other parent, his or her roots. And will usually look the person up as an adult to form their own relationship with that person, not just accept what they were told.

Comment

• messyjessi
              ☆☆☆☆
              • Apr 2012

You'd be much better off spending your time getting an education so you can communicate like a human being instead of a neanderthal.

This "should have" blame game serves no purpose. The child is here now. We have to live in the reality that is here and now and stop living in "should have" land.

The only thing you accomplish with your ridiculous responses is to show the world how psychologically damaged you are.
              then she needs to think next time she decides to lay down and spread her legs. she may be stuck with her partner for the next 18 yrs and there wont be anything she can do about it.

Comment

• Unregistered

People seem to be under the deluded impression that if they stick their head in the sand, the world ceases to exist.

Just because he's "a danger" does not negate the fact thatt he is biologically the child's father, and thus, his name will always be on the father's birth certificate. A person's life circumstances do not trump legal vital records. They exist to keep track of lineage, among other things. So, your friend cannot arbitrarily change the birth certificate simply because the guy may have a hinge or two loose.

Names on birth certificates have nothing whatsoever to do with a person's proclivities toward violence, or their character. It has to do with blood lineage. That will never change.

I think you need to wake up an stop living in a fantasy world weather or not he donated the sperm does not make him the father nor have rights I'm in my 20s an am in the process of taking him off due to his dangerous behavior to put it lightly.

Comment

• Unregistered

I think you need to wake up an stop living in a fantasy world weather or not he donated the sperm does not make him the father nor have rights I'm in my 20s an am in the process of taking him off due to his dangerous behavior to put it lightly.
                  Unfortunately, some of you cannot read. That, or you lack the maturity to deal with facts that happen to fit your particular emotional status (read: childish). There are times when your feelings or opinions just do not matter, and interpretation of the law, which is what this site is about, happens to be one of them. Try Lifetime.com

Comment

• Unregistered

I think that some of the responses to the question are totally rude and out of line. We all make mistakes. People change, my son's father was absolutly great until I was about 8 months pregnant, then he got involved with drugs. He had a successful business and lost it. I was not aware of the drug use until my son was about 6 months old and over time he started to became violent and angry so I left when my son was 1. Stop making comments to people you do not know about spreading legs and assuming everyone this happens to is just dumb and irresponsible. That is not very mature of you. You don't know their situation.
                    As far as the birth certificate issue, I can totally understand WANTING to take someone off of it, but like a few other people have stated that is not possible. I would suggest going to court and getting full custody, if he is really a loser (like he sounds), perhaps he will just not show up and will not get visitation rights. I'm not sure, as I am in the same situation and not sure what to do either. Good luck.

Comment

• Unregistered

then she shouldnt have had this child with him if he was such a danger. she chose him, shes stuck with him wether she wants to be or not
                      That is bull **** I am going through the same thing. I didn't know he was like that then he got into drugs and stuff and completely changed. He became abusive and tried to kill us so you have no right to say that. Nobody chooses for that to happen sometimes it just happens

Comment

• Unregistered

I think that some of the responses to the question are totally rude and out of line. We all make mistakes. People change, my son's father was absolutly great until I was about 8 months pregnant, then he got involved with drugs. He had a successful business and lost it. I was not aware of the drug use until my son was about 6 months old and oUver time he started to became violent and angry so I left when my son was 1. Stop making comments to people you do not know about spreading legs and assuming everyone this happens to is just dumb and irresponsible. That is not very mature of you. You don't know their situation.
                        As far as the birth certificate issue, I can totally understand WANTING to take someone off of it, but like a few other people have stated that is not possible. I would suggest going to court and getting full custody, if he is really a loser (like he sounds), perhaps he will just not show up and will not get visitation rights. I'm not sure, as I am in the same situation and not sure what to do either. Good luck.
                        Thank you I was reading these and I'm going through the same thing and a lot of people were making me feel like crap. I didn't know my ex was like that till my son was 4 months old and he got into drugs and tried to kill us. I am 21 years old and I am trying to get his name taken off and make it where he can have nothing to do with us when he gets out of prison

Comment

• Unregistered

I'm sorry but some of your answers are completely incorrect and I know this for absolute certain. 24 years ago I gave birth to a child in California and wasn't entirely sure who the father was. I listed a man whom it could have been. His name was put on my son's birth certificate and I have been trying to have it removed since I left the hospital but to know avail without a DNA. Next to impossible because I had no idea then and still have no idea where this person is.

Peace and God Bless

Comment

• Unregistered

not blaming anyone. im simply saying the time to decide wether a guy would be good daddy material is BEFORE they decide to lay down and have unprotected sex with him, because once that child is born, youre stuck with that guy for the next 18 yrs wether you want to be or not.if he was that bad she shouldnt have had sex with him. she made that choice now she has to live with it.

Comment

• Unregistered

Hi just would like to know if the father has lost all parental rights through courts can I take his name off my child's birth certificate?

Comment

• sandyclaus
                                ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                                • Jun 2009

Hi just would like to know if the father has lost all parental rights through courts can I take his name off my child's birth certificate?
                                NO. If only it were that easy to just wipe out any familial ties between the child and their father. However, that would be like re-writing history, which just isn't possible.

This man is STILL legally the father of this child. Whether or not he has any rights to the child is irrelevant. The only way to have his name removed from the birth certificate is to have the child legally adopted.
                                "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
                                "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
                                "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...