Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Salary and Workers Compensation

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2019, 06:33 AM   #1
Abg
Abg's Flag is: India

Default Notice period salary not settled by company

Dear all,
I was working in a company in Oman from 2008 to 2013, they got forced resignation and sent me back to India on next day after got signature on settlement papers (Gratuity, leave salary, for the month salary) and deposited the said amount cheque into bank, but, as per my employment, "either party shall be entitled to terminate the said employment by giving three months notice or three months pay in lieu of". After i came back to India, I sent several emails to settle my three months notice period salary.but still they have not responded, also I asked them to issue Experience certificate for my further assignment, due to non availability of experience certificate, I couldn't able to get job from 2014 to March'2019. kindly advise, how can get my three months notice period salary with interest and I would like to claim salary for non employment period in India (i.e. 2014 to march 2019). Please advise any one.
Abg is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-19-2019, 12:19 PM   #2
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abg View Post
Dear all,
I was working in a company in Oman from 2008 to 2013, they got forced resignation and sent me back to India on next day after got signature on settlement papers (Gratuity, leave salary, for the month salary) and deposited the said amount cheque into bank, but, as per my employment, "either party shall be entitled to terminate the said employment by giving three months notice or three months pay in lieu of". After i came back to India, I sent several emails to settle my three months notice period salary.but still they have not responded, also I asked them to issue Experience certificate for my further assignment, due to non availability of experience certificate, I couldn't able to get job from 2014 to March'2019. kindly advise, how can get my three months notice period salary with interest and I would like to claim salary for non employment period in India (i.e. 2014 to march 2019). Please advise any one.
How can you say it's a forced resignation? Also, this happened six years ago and now you're just realizing you were not paid for the 3 months notice? Unless your employment contract was registered with the Labor Department, it doesn't hold weight. First off, you had signed a document that you have received all dues, so why are you saying now that you didn't receive all of your pay? Second, for more than half a decade you couldn't find a job because of lack of job certificate? Your previous company might have a very good reason to let you go.

Old 11-19-2019, 12:24 PM   #3
Abg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How can you say it's a forced resignation? Also, this happened six years ago and now you're just realizing you were not paid for the 3 months notice? Unless your employment contract was registered with the Labor Department, it doesn't hold weight. First off, you had signed a document that you have received all dues, so why are you saying now that you didn't receive all of your pay? Second, for more than half a decade you couldn't find a job because of lack of job certificate? Your previous company might have a very good reason to let you go.
This is not correct answer my brother

Old 11-19-2019, 12:27 PM   #4
Abg

Quote:
I need to have solution not like advise

Old 11-19-2019, 10:04 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abg View Post
I need to have solution not like advise
Yeah, because your brain can't comprehend that there's no problem to begin with.

Old 11-20-2019, 12:16 AM   #6
Abg

Quote:
Yeah, because your brain can't comprehend that there's no problem to begin with.
Tks for your advise, no brain to understand

Old 11-21-2019, 06:26 AM   #7
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: Notice period salary not settled by company

In Oman, all private sector employees are required to have an employment contract, which contain minimum provisions including job description, entitlements, duration of contract — whether limited or unlimited, salary and notice period for termination etc. Do you have a copy of your contract? In the case of contracts where the notice period is not specifically mentioned, either party may terminate the contract by giving a 30-day written notice to the other party. However, the notice period may be waived if compensation equivalent to the employee’s wage for the said notice period is paid to the party waiving the notice period. Such notice must also specify the reason for such termination. The courts in Oman have been very strict against unfair terminations, and have laid down that in the absence of sufficient reason of termination, such termination may be deemed arbitrary, and have, in many cases. awarded compensation equal to a minimum of three months’ gross salary up to an unlimited amount, depending on various factors. in addition to any other entitlements otherwise owing to the employee as per their contract or the law. You may need to contact a labor law attorney in Oman to see if you can still submit a claim/not barred by the law of limitation.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote