Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Attorneys and Legal Ethics

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2019, 11:25 PM   #1
gherymme
gherymme's Flag is: Philippines

Default credit card debt

hi..i received a text from the credit card company in which i have an upaid balance as they say its 117k but its not really that big when i stopped paying cause i lost my job at that time..they said that they will get in touch with our baranggay officials as well so that i will pay my balance.I stopped paying Feb of this year. Is it not a form of harrassment?thank u so much.
gherymme is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-21-2019, 11:34 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: credit card debt

I wish to inform you that you may contact the credit card company and inform them about your observations regarding the balance amount due and the request not to harass you in the matter in writing. You may inform the credit card company to restructure the payment of the amount due in a manner so that over a period of time you are able to repay the debt. Further, you may contact a local attorney and seek guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2019, 10:37 AM   #3
Highwayman
Top Level Member

What does this have to do with "attorneys and legal ethics"???
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2019, 07:52 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

It is the debtor's duty to pay the debt as it becomes due. Harassment by a debt collector can come in different forms but examples include repetitious phone calls intended to annoy or abuse, obscene language, and threats of violence. The Philippines Fair Debt Collection Practices Act is aimed at eliminating abusive debt collection practices and to protect consumers in general against debt collection abuses. In the Philippines, consumer protection is under the jurisdiction of the Central Bank of the Philippines. Contact the Financial Consumer Protection Department of the bank to file a complaint.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote