Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Other Immigration Law and Visas > H-1B Worker Visas

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #1
neelamtul

Default H1B revoked... Will I get any grace period?

1. My company is going to revoke my h1b visa in april 3; probably they'll inform to uscis. Will I get any grace period after that or what happens? what should i do?
fyi, my visa can b extended for 3 more yrs.
neelamtul is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-17-2014, 11:39 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default re: H1B revoked... Will I get any grace period?

I wish to inform you that as soon as you are terminated your status is revoked. Further your employer is having a duty to inform USCIS about termination. In this situation you may either have a new employer who can sponsor you or you may leave country and then re-enter USA after you have new employer.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2014, 02:55 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default re: H1B revoked... Will I get any grace period?

Contrary to popular belief, there is no other grace period for terminated employees holding H-1B status. While USCIS has proposed a 60-day period grace period to seek new employment, that period remains only a proposal. Although there is no grace period, USCIS generally approves petitions to change from one employer to the next if the gap is 30 days or less. As an alternative, if you have an H-1B spouse, change to dependent H-4 status or if a college/university accepts you for a full-time program, change to F-1 student status. The last option you have is to receive the cost of your return transportation to your last country of residence abroad. If an H-1B employer terminates an H-1B worker, the employer must offer to pay for a flight to return to your home country/ last country of residence abroad. If you leave the employer on your own, this requirement does not apply.

It is better advised that you may consult with an Immigration Attorney who can give a proper guidance in this regard.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote