Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Other Business and Finance Law Issues > Tax Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 04:00 AM   #1
RaPe

Thumbs up Advice Needed -> Netherlands 30% ruling for skilled immigrants

Hello everybody,

I am currently in the position of accepting a job in Amsterdam.
It seems like the employer is unable to offer me 52.000 EUR gross per year (I'm 32 years old), to qualify for the 30% rule, but I might be able to secure later a new job paid better and to qualify.
However, a friend told me that it seems like I cannot apply later for the 30% rule, since I will not qualify because I started to work in Netherlands without meeting the criteria.
This seems to be also confirmed in different places, like here: Frequently asked questions on the Dutch 30 percent ruling < Tax | Expatica The Netherlands
Will his assertion hold?

Regards, and many thanks in advance.
RaPe is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-21-2014, 06:44 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Advice Needed -> Netherlands 30% ruling for skilled immigrants

I wish to inform you that for 30% tax ruling it is necessary that there must be agreement between employer and employee. If your employer has not agreed then you may not have 30% ruling. If your employer can agree in future then from that time you may claim benefit of 30% ruling. 30% ruling is generally required to be submitted within 4 months. If your employer agrees after 4 months then from that time you may claim benefit.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2015, 07:24 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Advice Needed -> Netherlands 30% ruling for skilled immigrants

It was possible to apply. The only thing is that you may not get a full tax free allowance. In 2014, the condition was that your taxable salary (so your gross annual salary minus the tax free allowance) should be € 36,378. So if your gross salary was € 42,000 annually, you were still eligible for the 30% ruling and could get a taxable salary of € 36,378 and a tax free allowance of € 5,622. this would give you an annual tax benefit of € 2,361!

You can calculate all this on 30% ruling calculator - Calculate your tax advantage!

The good thing is that you can still apply, only the ruling's validity will be shortened. Also with a new employer, you will still be able to apply, as you were eligible for the ruling when you transferred to the Netherlands.