Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTERNATIONAL LAW > International Law Issues > Indian Law

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout




Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2015, 03:56 AM   #1
pavel basu
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1
change of dob in india

i from india. my original dob is 7/12/1999. but on all certificates loke dob certificate,pan card , is 7/12/1997. i wish to change it to original. what is the legal procedure in india? how much time will it take?
pavel basu is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 12-03-2015, 07:52 AM   #2
Top Level Member
AFFA's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23,512
Default Re: change of dob in india

I wish to inform you that change of date may first be changed on your certificate of class 10. After this you may have correction of your birth in other certificates. Generally change of name involves application through head of school. In CBSE change of name may not be done after 1 year. Alternatively you may seek a court order declaring your DOB and ordering change of date to authorities.

AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-14-2020, 01:56 AM   #3
Top Level Member
Lexus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 9,276
Default Re: change of dob in india

If your all documents bear the same date of birth as 7/12/1997 then you should file an application with affidavit before the municipal commissioner for amendment in DOB certificate. It shall be amended accordingly. Municipal Corporation does not require hospital discharge certificate. Affidavit is sufficient. Enclosed photocopy of all the documents in support of affidavit. It may be possible that there any clerical mistake had occurred in the certificate. It is not a big issue to file any suit or publication in newspaper.

After getting your birth certificate from your municipal corporation, apply in your district educational officer for the change of date of birth in Primary Mark sheets and in Middle Mark sheets.

You will get your change mark sheet from this office. You can use these proof for changing the DOBs’ in your other documents.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No


This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1572 times

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I got married in India. I am now in Canada. My husband is in India. Can I divorce him asker199 Divorce, Separation, Annulment 7 09-09-2015 10:09 AM
Married in India; Divorce in US; Change of Status from F2 to F1 usimm Divorce, Separation, Annulment 3 02-12-2015 12:46 AM
India: Swift money transfer from India to US has not been received after days jobphilip Consumer Complaints 2 09-12-2014 02:10 AM
Conditions for Divorce - I live outside of India, my wife is working in India. hkrgan Domestic Violence and Abuse 2 12-15-2011 04:02 AM
Is transacting with E-gold Legal in INDIA? will RBI- Reserve Bank of India consider m Other Business and Finance Law Issues 1 01-13-2007 02:00 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2020 by