Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTERNATIONAL LAW > International Law Issues > Indian Law

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2015, 03:56 AM   #1
pavel basu

change of dob in india

i from india. my original dob is 7/12/1999. but on all certificates loke dob certificate,pan card ,marksheets....it is 7/12/1997. i wish to change it to original. what is the legal procedure in india? how much time will it take?
pavel basu is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 12-03-2015, 07:52 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: change of dob in india

I wish to inform you that change of date may first be changed on your certificate of class 10. After this you may have correction of your birth in other certificates. Generally change of name involves application through head of school. In CBSE change of name may not be done after 1 year. Alternatively you may seek a court order declaring your DOB and ordering change of date to authorities.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2020, 01:56 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: change of dob in india

If your all documents bear the same date of birth as 7/12/1997 then you should file an application with affidavit before the municipal commissioner for amendment in DOB certificate. It shall be amended accordingly. Municipal Corporation does not require hospital discharge certificate. Affidavit is sufficient. Enclosed photocopy of all the documents in support of affidavit. It may be possible that there any clerical mistake had occurred in the certificate. It is not a big issue to file any suit or publication in newspaper.

After getting your birth certificate from your municipal corporation, apply in your district educational officer for the change of date of birth in Primary Mark sheets and in Middle Mark sheets.

You will get your change mark sheet from this office. You can use these proof for changing the DOBs’ in your other documents.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote