Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Other Business and Finance Law Issues > Tax Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2016, 11:55 PM   #1
Gagan
Gagan's Flag is: India

Default Vat Letter send by Builder under Haryana Value Added Tax Act, 2003

Hello,

I own a flat in Project Park Elite Premium in Faridabad. I purchased this flat in resale in Jan 2014, and till that date 95% payment is made to the builder by 1st owner of that flat. I was suppose to get possession of flat in April 2014 but I did not receive it till date.

Rest 5% made is to be done on Conveyance Deed. But now a letter comes from builder that I need to 1.05% of the total sale consideration under Haryana Value Added Tax Act, 2003 on sale of constructed property be it a residential or commercial constructed property in pursuance of Amnesty scheme recently introduced by Haryana Government.

I read about this on net and found a clause that before 31st March 2014 are not entitled to pay this VAT. So can you help me in below 2 points.

1. This clause of 31st March 2014.

2. Do this VAT is also valid for end consumer for whom possession is not afford.
Gagan is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-16-2016, 10:17 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Vat Letter send by Builder under Haryana Value Added Tax Act, 2003

I wish to inform you that the provisions of Haryana Alternative Tax Compliance Scheme for Contractors, 2016, vide Notification No.19/ST-1/H.A.6/2003/S.59A/2016- dated 12th September, 2016 will have jurisdiction in this matter. The scheme is applicable to all contractors involved in construction of civil structures, flats etc. for sale, and transfers them in pursuance of an agreement along with land or interest underlying the land to a buyer. The date of re-sale is not important. The relevant date is the date of sale and transfer by the contractor. The contractor collects and deposits the amount from the purchaser of the flat.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No