#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > OTHER LEGAL ISSUES > Miscellaneous Topics

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
livn4mygirls

Default harassing ex-mother-in-law

My husband and I have been the target of continued harassment from his ex-mother-in-law, now even petitioning us with an ex parte to receive emergency custody of his 2 sons who he has legal custody of. I am currently in search to see if there is an attorney who will take a contingency case in our defense on the grounds of repeated libel. Do I have any recourse what-so-ever to force her legally to stop harassing us. She has caused severe alienation between my husband's oldest son and him. We are also currently involved in a custody case with my husband's exwife, in which it appears it will "dwindle" itself out due to her being non-compliant with her attorney. We believe that original case was probably initiated by the ex-wife being pressured to do so by the ex-mother in-law. When she was unable to accomplish her goal due to the ex being an active drug addict and not complying with the atty she hired, the maternal grandmother started to take matters into her own hands. We have been exhausted emotionally, financially, almost losing our marriage over this mess, driving me to a counselor and currently on medication for my nerves. Currently the oldest son is placed via a safety agreement with us and DSS with the maternal grandmother for sexually assaulting my daughters and we feel the ex-mother-in-law is trying to also use this advantageously for her own gain as well. We have simply been through unbelievable personal trauma and want desperately for some of this harassment and stress to end. To put things in a better perspective, the incidents took place in this order: 1.stepson molested oldest daughter 2.ex-wife released from prison,hires atty to petition for joint custody 3.we hire atty to fight that motion 4.stepson molested youngest daughter,subsequently removed from home and placed at maternal grandmothers 5.case is managed by DSS although we continue to fight custody matter 6.maternal grandmother files emergency ex parte calling us a danger to my stepsons on grounds of bodily harm.
livn4mygirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-28-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
judg4

Default re: harassing ex-mother-in-law

If you can document it and set it all out for a judge to see, the court may take action against her.

You have to really set it out clearly showing that this behavior and the attacks etc. are frivolous and baseless.

World Law's lawyers could also probably intervene and help resolve this if need be. You may email them on the home page.
judg4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No