Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody and Support

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout




Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Default Contempt for not allowing parenting time

My parenting time order with foc follows the guidelines set by the courts with the odd even years for birthday holidays etc...I started this schedule almost a year ago and followed it like agreed until the day after Christmas. My ex wife then decided to try and switch my weekends not allowing me my time with my daughter. I filed the parenting time complaints and finally got a show cause hearing scheduled only to have her hire a lawyer and set the date back further. Meanwhile I still cannot see my daughter what good did her hiring a lawyer do other than delay the hearing I do not have an attorney nor do I have the money. My ex claims hardship doesn't work collects social security/disability but has the money to hire an attorney more than likely with The child support money I am paying out to her. Help me plz help me figure this out!
goldsands79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-15-2011, 12:47 AM   #2
Top Level Member
Lexus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,556
Default re: Contempt for not allowing parenting time

First of all let me remind you that both the parties to court proceedings are bound to obey with court order. From the facts it could understand that you have already got a parenting time order and your ex wife violated the terms of the court order. As stated earlier your ex wife is bound to obey with parenting time order passed by the court. You can file a petition before the court for ‘contempt of court’ against her. Court will consider your petition and take contempt proceedings against her, if court finds that she has violated the court order. You can seek the help of legal aid for getting the service of a lawyer or you may go to the Bar Association in your county and ask for the help of an Attorney, they will provide you a suitable Attorney to represent your case.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No


This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1554 times

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Contempt of court -- (we signed the parenting plan) adams83 Child Custody and Support 5 12-13-2013 07:20 AM
Parenting time in Oregon staceface90 Child Custody and Support 9 09-27-2013 06:02 PM
Paternal grandmother trying to get me in contempt of parenting guidelines Username Child Custody and Support 6 01-28-2013 12:04 PM
To soon to ask to modify parenting time Unregistered Child Custody and Support 2 08-14-2010 09:56 PM
parenting time amendment Unregistered Child Custody and Support 1 04-09-2007 09:27 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.

Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2019 by