Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > REAL ESTATE and PROPERTY LAW > Neighbor Law

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #1
chrispity

Default Being harassed by my neighbor; I have three dogs who occasionally bark at strangers

I live in MA and I am having a problem with my neighbors. I have three dogs who occasionally bark at strangers and other animals, which is normal. Well, my neighbors don't like it and were making snide comments. When I asked them to stop they called me rude and a pervert because I dated a black man (they didn't actually say man they used racist words) and called me various swear words and the husband threatened to come over the fence and kick my ass. Today he called animal control and they came and left as there was nothing wrong. He informed me that dogs could bark between 7-7. Tonight when my daughter and I were outside with the dogs around 9:30, the husband came out and just stood there with his hands on his hips waiting for one of the dogs to bark so he could call the police. This is escalating and I am becoming more and more uncomfortable in my own backyard. What should I do?
chrispity is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default re: Being harassed by my neighbor; I have three dogs who occasionally bark at strangers

I wish to inform you that if your neighbor has made a statement regarding your relation with a black person then that statement will amount to discrimination and you can inform law enforcement agencies regarding statement being made to you. Further if your neighbor is incorrectly informing animal control or police then you may file a suit for defamation as false information about you is being spread by your neighbors. Further you can have injunction whereby your neighbor should not stand in front of your gate so as to make your dog bark.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default re: Being harassed by my neighbor; I have three dogs who occasionally bark at strangers

You will get restraining orders prevent someone from contacting you after they have hurt you or threatened to do so. The order itself is a legal command, leading to jail time if the court finds that the order has been violated. A judge must approve your restraining order request. Before attempting to obtain a restraining order against a neighbor, contact your local law enforcement officials to alert them to the problems you are having with your neighbor. Obtain restraining order forms from your local court house.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2012, 01:13 AM   #4
sandyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispity View Post
I live in MA and I am having a problem with my neighbors. I have three dogs who occasionally bark at strangers and other animals, which is normal. Well, my neighbors don't like it and were making snide comments. When I asked them to stop they called me rude and a pervert because I dated a black man (they didn't actually say man they used racist words) and called me various swear words and the husband threatened to come over the fence and kick my ass. Today he called animal control and they came and left as there was nothing wrong. He informed me that dogs could bark between 7-7. Tonight when my daughter and I were outside with the dogs around 9:30, the husband came out and just stood there with his hands on his hips waiting for one of the dogs to bark so he could call the police. This is escalating and I am becoming more and more uncomfortable in my own backyard. What should I do?
I'd just ignore them. "Sticks and stones" and all. Enjoy your backyard and let them envy you while you sit back and ignore them.

As long as your dogs are behaving, you really don't need to entertain their bigotry or give them any excuse to confront you. If your dogs AREN'T behaving, then you need to get them better trained to take that issue out of the equation.

If it rises to the level where there's a threat of violence, then call the police and seek a restraining order against them.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 06:04 AM   #5
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: Being harassed by my neighbor; I have three dogs who occasionally bark at strange

well you sound like a typical new England white trash snicker licker, dogs running wild bothering the neighbors that have to get up for work, you most likely live in subsidized housing & have excessive mountains of dog **** all over your yard and in your house, I say welcome to reality of being put in check

Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Being harassed by my neighbor; I have three dogs who occasionally bark at strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
well you sound like a typical new England white trash snicker licker, dogs running wild bothering the neighbors that have to get up for work, you most likely live in subsidized housing & have excessive mountains of dog **** all over your yard and in your house, I say welcome to reality of being put in check
This is a Necro thread you responded to.

Rudely put, however, anyone with 3 dogs knows they don't briefly bark and stop. The neighbor may be feeding the antifreeze.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
LJ Admin

Default Re: Being harassed by my neighbor; I have three dogs who occasionally bark at strange

Please everyone, follow our forum rules and avoid overall rude behavior, defamatory comments, threatening other members and name calling.

Thank you!
LJ Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2019, 02:24 AM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:

I can't even understand what this guy is saying?

Old 08-08-2019, 02:24 PM   #9
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Quote:
I can't even understand what this guy is saying?
It's a 6.5 year old post. I can't understand why you even bothered reading it much less responding to it.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote