Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2014, 12:05 AM   #11
goddessoflubboc
Top Level Member

Default Re: Random drug testing in Texas

You can put all the lipstick you want on that pig; it's still a pig.

You failed a random drug test. The consequence to that typically is termination. Doesn't matter if you personally formed every brick to build a new building and worked 7 days a week without a single day off for two years to build it. You still flunked the test.

End of story.
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-27-2014, 08:32 AM   #12
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

I bet they will miss you. Too bad you screwed the pooch and violated the drug policy. It does however prove they are not playing favorites. I suggest you remain drug free, polish off your resume and get a new job. It should not be difficult to keep if you stop smoking weed.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2014, 01:45 PM   #13
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

The post is four years old. The guy may have moved to Colorado or Washington by now and the issue moot.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2014, 04:40 PM   #14
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

See post 10. Someone else started in this thread instead of a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend In Court View Post
The post is four years old. The guy may have moved to Colorado or Washington by now and the issue moot.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:20 AM   #15
Unregistered

Its time to stand up to the abusive policies of employers and our government that supports them. We are not their slaves! Really we are and if we want food on our table we will keep slaving for them so they can fill their pockets with profits from OUR hard work. I was Republican until this year, I am never ever voting for one of those slave supporters again. And then they send us into a war and throw us away when our limbs ore blown off. Just makes me sick.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:18 PM   #16
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

You do not have the right to endanger others with your habits. Our governments and employers make rules to protect the people in general or the companies assets. That is not abusive and is no different than one driving drunk, high or exhausted and having an accident due to that. I must deal with the issue daily. Staying home, even when I have things that must be done.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:31 AM   #17
Unregistered

You are silly. I too am facing possible termination for a random at work and I've been there for 17 years, and constantly bring in side work to print at a GROWING newspaper in south Texas. Now simply for smoking a little bud on my birthday with a buddy who I've not seen in 9 years, and not having touched it in about 14 years, I'm going to lose my job. where the hell is a newspaper pressman supposed to go in this market to find work at my age? I simply don't buy the " you were dirty so you got fired " bull****, what I do on my private property while I'm "off the clock" if you will, is NONE of anyone's business unless I choose to make it their business. now randomly testing someone and firing them while you are trying to grow and hire in 3 more people as it is seems to be counter productive. not to mention the fact that he told me to work tonight anyways even after telling him flat out before leaving to take the test that I would not pass. Seems to me that if I'm such a problem or a liability since I will test positive for THC, he wouldn't want me to be anywhere near a press, wouldn't you think?

Old 10-15-2015, 03:01 PM   #18
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are silly. I too am facing possible termination for a random at work and I've been there for 17 years, and constantly bring in side work to print at a GROWING newspaper in south Texas. Now simply for smoking a little bud on my birthday with a buddy who I've not seen in 9 years, and not having touched it in about 14 years, I'm going to lose my job. where the hell is a newspaper pressman supposed to go in this market to find work at my age? I simply don't buy the " you were dirty so you got fired " bull****, what I do on my private property while I'm "off the clock" if you will, is NONE of anyone's business unless I choose to make it their business. now randomly testing someone and firing them while you are trying to grow and hire in 3 more people as it is seems to be counter productive. not to mention the fact that he told me to work tonight anyways even after telling him flat out before leaving to take the test that I would not pass. Seems to me that if I'm such a problem or a liability since I will test positive for THC, he wouldn't want me to be anywhere near a press, wouldn't you think?
Yes, with what is happening to the news print industry, a pressman's job will soon go the way of the buggy whip man's.

A pressman might consider relocating to one of the states where smoking pot is legal and their economy is healthy. Washington State, Colorado are two that come to mind.
And consider a career change. In the long run getting fired from your pressman's job may have done you a favor.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2015, 10:01 PM   #19
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

You did make it their business, when you appeared for work with MJ in your system.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:57 PM   #20
RainbowWarrior
RainbowWarrior's Flag is: United States

Current custody dispute is causing me to become a victim of Virginia's drug war policies. I'm seeking alternative means of obtaining medically prescribed cannabis in hopes that it will invalidate court ordered drug testing. I know that this is a longshot but I suffer from SIBO/chronic IBS, ASD, and bipolar disorder. Cannabis helps me eat properly, sleep properly, function properly (I support my 2 daughters and fiancee as full time 1099 pharmacy courier). Without this miraculous medicine basic daily tasks become a gutwrenching struggle. There is a loophole in the law that allows controlled substances that are medically prescribed and my hope is to somehow obtain an out of state prescription so that I can avoid further victimization. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. Wish me luck.
RainbowWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No