Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody and Support

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2014, 08:37 PM   #11
lilmomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disagreeable View Post
No one has enough knowledge of the situation to bring Blasphemy into the situation.
sounds like someone needs to know what blasphemy means. no one on here has enough knowledge to pass judgment on someone with depression when all she asked for was advice. i was forced to sign my parental rights over for being homeless but that does not mean i do not love my kids or they are better off with someone else for that matter.
lilmomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #12
lilmomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disagreeable View Post
No one has enough knowledge of the situation to bring Blasphemy into the situation.
it does not take much knowledge to know that it is wrong to judge especially someone with the disease of depression. i hope the *******s on this post passing judgment on this woman have no children because they are terrible role models. and if they do not they have alot of growing up to do before they procreate!
lilmomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #13
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: I signed my rights away and regret it, now I want my children back

I will forgive your lack of knowledge.
Quote:
Full Definition of BLASPHEMY

a : the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God
b : the act of claiming the attributes of deity

: irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable
Quote:
ir·rev·er·ent

adjective \-rənt; -vərnt\ : having or showing a lack of respect for someone or something that is usually treated with respect : treating someone or something in a way that is not serious or respectful

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmomma View Post
sounds like someone needs to know what blasphemy means. no one on here has enough knowledge to pass judgment on someone with depression when all she asked for was advice. i was forced to sign my parental rights over for being homeless but that does not mean i do not love my kids or they are better off with someone else for that matter.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2014, 03:12 AM   #14
evilpassion

There's a national movement to overturn CPS intervention in cases like this. You might want to look into some of the Facebook pages on the topic and get in touch with some of the people there who are fighting these kinds of abuses. Post partum depression is far more than just "depression" and the chances are it was not legal, because you have to be 'in your right mind' to sign this kind of paper,
evilpassion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2014, 08:21 AM   #15
LJ Admin

Please everyone, a gentle reminder, do not insult or harass other members.
LJ Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2014, 08:49 AM   #16
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

A guardianship can be cancelled. You have stated a case a lawyer can make to have it overturned and yoirr rights restored. Post partum is a real condition and can cause a deep well of depression and psychosis in some women. It need not be a permanent condition though. It is believed caused by radical hormone changes that take place after childbirth.

The poster needs the help of a lawyer to get that agreement to turn over her children set aside. When one signs important documents they must not be of diminished capacity but in full mental capacity. A lawyer is needed to prepare and present the case well to the court. What will be important for the poster will be to document her diminished capacity at the time she signed her rights away. And that now she is fit to parent.

The right to one's children is one of the highest and most important rights we have.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2019, 03:03 AM   #17
TANN2

CPS is asking me to sign away and give away my child and it is a terrible situation they have put me in.
And just like the posts above, when depression hits you simply cannot make any decisions rationally.

Old 08-10-2019, 08:32 PM   #18
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANN2 View Post
CPS is asking me to sign away and give away my child and it is a terrible situation they have put me in.
And just like the posts above, when depression hits you simply cannot make any decisions rationally.
Your comment in a thread that's been dead almost five years is useless.

This is not a chat room - if you want to rant try Facebook.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote