Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2019, 01:21 AM   #21
Unregistered

Default Re: Unpaid loan

Quote:
Originally Posted by personinneed View Post
As i am unable to pay the loan amount which is 49,000 AED now and I have already missed 3 installments till now bank has already sent me legal notice from Tahseel.
It is impossible for me to pay any amount to the bank and my visa is also about to expire. If i go back to my home country where bank already have a branch kindly let me know if they can put a legal case upon me in India as well.

If bank put up a fraud case against me can it affect me in my home country also , i mean legally can bank do anything against me if it files a fraud case in U.A.E. Please advice.
Go through the other forums here, read and you'll find your answer.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 08-13-2019, 07:44 AM   #22
personinneed
personinneed's Flag is: India

I wanted to know if there are any changes of rule or can U.A.E now have any treaty with India? Can U.A.E. banks file a case on me to get the money.

Also, most importantly I wanted to know how to deal with local collection agents if they show up at door step in India?

Please reply.
personinneed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2019, 10:07 PM   #23
Dxbproblem
Dxbproblem's Flag is: India

Quote:
Originally Posted by personinneed View Post
I wanted to know if there are any changes of rule or can U.A.E now have any treaty with India? Can U.A.E. banks file a case on me to get the money.

Also, most importantly I wanted to know how to deal with local collection agents if they show up at door step in India?

Please reply.
Ask their ID card, they won’t show it at all. Tell them that let’s go to nearest police station, they won’t come. In India, it’s illegal to go to some ones door steps and ask the money.
Dxbproblem is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2019, 04:19 AM   #24
personinneed
personinneed's Flag is: India

Today somebody from collections department from my home country visited me. He was shouting my name outside and on opening the door he talked very rudely to me. He asked me to pay immediately the complete loan amount otherwise he will put case upon me and when I told that i don't have job here he told me that he know how to extract money from people like me. He was arguing and shouting so loudly that lot of my neighbours heard and now I feel very embarressed and can't show my face to anybody in my neighbourgood. Please advise me what to do and he told me he will visit again.
personinneed is offline   Reply With Quote