Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Consumer Bankruptcy

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2018, 12:21 AM   #1
Abcd_17
Abcd_17's Flag is: Philippines

Default Missing one payment

Hi had a dunia loan but currently i dont have any job yet.. i planning to miss one payment.. they can send me to jail for this one missed payment??? Because i am worried as i issued them a blank cheque and thinking that they will deposit it when i didnt pay even once. Please help me.
Abcd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-28-2018, 01:40 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Missing one payment

I wish to inform you that you may get in contact with Dunia Finance and try to resolve the matter. Dunia Finance may present your security check when you miss the payment. If it is not honored by your bank then Dunia Finance may file a complaint with the law enforcement agencies and/or proceed in the Civil Court.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-28-2018, 04:21 AM   #3
Abcd_17
Abcd_17's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that you may get in contact with Dunia Finance and try to resolve the matter. Dunia Finance may present your security check when you miss the payment. If it is not honored by your bank then Dunia Finance may file a complaint with the law enforcement agencies and/or proceed in the Civil Court.

AFF
Even one missed payment only??
Abcd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2018, 01:36 PM   #4
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcd_17 View Post
Even one missed payment only??
Depends.

What does your contract say about missing a payment?
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-28-2018, 03:45 PM   #5
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcd_17 View Post
Hi had a dunia loan but currently i dont have any job yet.. i planning to miss one payment.. they can send me to jail for this one missed payment??? Because i am worried as i issued them a blank cheque and thinking that they will deposit it when i didnt pay even once. Please help me.
Relax. Dunia Finance or any bank in the UAE cannot benefit with anything if they bounce the cheque and file a case against the defaulter. They can only use that as a tool to threaten and get paid. Once they file a case of bounce cheque, defaulter comes out of situation with ease and banks or financial institution will never want such to happen. Just relax and take your time to pay before 90 consecutive days of non payment. If they bounce the cheque it is going to be their loss as legally one cheque cannot be bounced again once it is done already. The cheque security cheque bounce case is just a misdemeanor petty case which is of nothing to worry about at all.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-29-2018, 10:05 AM   #6
Lexus
Top Level Member

It is good to contact the bank to get an extended time for repayment. Normally they will not file a case immediately for the reason of one missed payment.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2018, 07:05 AM   #7
Manda444

UAE seems to be a little harsh on these small debt oversights or mistakes.
It's kind of crazy.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:21 AM   #8
jane21august
jane21august's Flag is: United States

You should definitely contact Dunia Finance and should talk to them.They will not file a case immediately and tell them about your problems and They will definitely help you.
jane21august is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2018, 03:49 AM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane21august View Post
You should definitely contact Dunia Finance and should talk to them.They will not file a case immediately and tell them about your problems and They will definitely help you.
Admin just want to ask if my employer will terminate and cancel my visa is it true that my employer will automatically inform the central bank?? Thanks

Old 02-26-2018, 03:45 PM   #10
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Admin just want to ask if my employer will terminate and cancel my visa is it true that my employer will automatically inform the central bank?? Thanks
Your employer cannot terminate you or cancel your visa on basis of a personal debt problem you have. You can file a case against your employer in labor court if anything such.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote