Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Civil Litigation

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2020, 04:20 PM   #11
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Default Re: The judge in my divorce case slept with my wife 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I certainly would not want that judge if were the original poster, that's for sure!!
This thread is almost three YEARS old. Don't be stupid by posting useless comments. If you want to do that try Facebook.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-18-2020, 07:40 PM   #12
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
This thread is almost three YEARS old. Don't be stupid by posting useless comments. If you want to do that try Facebook.

Don't be stupid by posting useless comments

Old 03-23-2020, 05:24 PM   #13
Unregistered

I would sue the ***** and the judge just to embarrass them both the slimy creatures.

kl

Old 03-24-2020, 06:27 AM   #14
Lexus
Top Level Member

If you can prove that the judge has a personal bias or prejudice concerning a party, or personal knowledge of disputed evidentiary facts concerning the proceeding, then it a disqualification of that Judge to continue with the case proceedings. Proceedings includes pretrial, trial, appellate review, or other stages of litigation. One of the key principles of the American judicial system is that the judge who presides over a case must be fair and impartial. In the vast majority of cases, the issue of the judge's fairness and impartiality never comes up. There are instances, however, when one of the parties in a case has reason to believe that the judge cannot be fair and impartial. Sometimes the judge recognizes his or her own inability to maintain partial. In those situations, the judge will either recuse himself or the litigant will move to have the judge disqualified from presiding over the case.

Finally, it's important to note that recusal and disqualification of judges is a sensitive subject, since it draws into question the fitness of a judge to carry out the fundamental role of his or her position -- the fair and impartial resolution of judicial proceedings. So, the decision to file a motion seeing disqualification should be made only after careful consideration.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2020, 11:33 AM   #15
Unregistered

Hard to beat the judge unfortunately, I tried 5 times in my case and it got me nowhere.
In fact I ended up worse off cuz he was pissed.