Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS > Arrests, Searches, Seizures

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 02:04 AM   #11
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disagreeable View Post
Apparently you have not gotten the Presidential memo. Supposedly it is only a piece of paper now.
No I don't watch tv much and can't stand to look at them clowns move their lying mouths anyways. And it is a piece of paper without the people giving it meaning. Godbless you and yours during this meltdown American brother.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-07-2014, 09:51 PM   #12
Unregistered

Default Re: Stopped by a county park ranger with no jurisdiction outside the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan74 View Post
I was stopped by a park ranger on my way out of the park for expired tags on a public road Sunday the 2nd. I pulled over and he approached my truck and the he claimed he smelled weed on my breath!!! I was shocked he would say such a thing when I do not even smoke the stuff seeing I have entirely too much to lose for such a stupid thing. I told him I was armed and I had a CPL. He asked me get out of my truck and about that time the local police show up. I show the cop my CPL and it was from Georgia. My lawyer told me it was ok seeing as Michigan recognized it. But I am now considered a Michigan resident, so I guess I needed a MI CPL. I was arrested and read my rights. I did manage to call my mom and tell her what happened. I was taken to the city lockup, processed etc. I asked for my lawyer, but never got to use the phone to call anyone, never got to see anyone either. I finally get to arraignment Tuesday afternoon and asked for a lawyer seeing as mine never showed up after he said he would, but they continued anyway, but I got bail. When I was processed out, I never got any of my stuff back. I knew I wasn't likely to get my gun back, but I expected i get everything else back.
So I guess my question is that this arrest legal, or rather still stand seeing as the ranger never had jurisdiction outside the park. The county parks and the rangers have already had a lawsuit brought against them because of stuff like this happening, and the person received $400,000 for their trouble. I am not concerned about that, I am concerned about losing my FFL and I own a gun shop. I was going to get my MI CPL, just getting the money to do so was hard to do. If my lawyer told me all this, I would have gotten the money together somehow. Now I may lose my business if I lose my FFL. Its only been 10 months! My birthday was on Memorial Day, and I was getting my new tags Monday. Is there anything I can do?!
PS..I am getting a new lawyer.

You must have been over by Munising. If it's the same ranger, I've heard that he's had over 60 tickets thrown out in court and his claim that he smells pot has even been used on little old ladies. He's a real slime ball1

Old 03-20-2020, 04:52 AM   #13
Unregistered

Default Re: Stopped by a county park ranger with no jurisdiction outside the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You must have been over by Munising. If it's the same ranger, I've heard that he's had over 60 tickets thrown out in court and his claim that he smells pot has even been used on little old ladies. He's a real slime ball1
That's crazy, why don't they fire him?

Old 03-20-2020, 04:53 AM   #14
Unregistered

I just had a similar experience, wonder if it's the same dude. Sounds like it.

Old 03-21-2020, 09:28 AM   #15
Highwayman
Top Level Member

You two dopes commented on a thread from 2013 as if the OP is still around. Besides, no one cares after all these years.

On a real law forum this thread would be locked.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2020, 04:33 AM   #16
Unregistered

Quote:
That's crazy, why don't they fire him?
Have you ever tried to fire a state worker?
Aint gonna happen honey.
They practically have to kill somebody first.

Old 03-24-2020, 11:31 AM   #17
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Have you ever tried to fire a state worker?
Aint gonna happen honey.
They practically have to kill somebody first.

Another brain surgeon in our midst.

Old 03-30-2020, 03:37 AM   #18
Lexus
Top Level Member

Citizens of the United States are protected from wrongful arrest by the Fourth and Fourteenth Amendments to the Constitution. The Fourth Amendment states that “No Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation.” The Fourteenth Amendment states that “No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.”
If a person is wrongfully arrested they can sue for a variety of different damages and wages lost during their period of incarceration:
Lost wages
Damage to reputation
Embarrassment
Physical harm incurred during or as a result of the wrongful arrest
Illness incurred during or as a result of the wrongful arrest
Wrongful death
Punitive damages
False imprisonment
Excessive force
Malicious prosecution
Wrongful conviction

Be advised; if a person that is wrongfully arrested pleads guilty to any of the charges brought against them in a court of law and it is then found that they were wrongfully arrested, that person will have their lawsuit legally thrown out and cannot sue for any of the items mentioned above.
Wrongful arrests happen quite regularly in the United States and are tough to avoid if the person being arrested does not have the proper evidence to prove to the arresting officer that the arrest being made is incorrect. A qualified criminal defense attorney should be consulted if you are facing any criminal charges.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-30-2020, 12:46 PM   #19
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
Citizens of the United States are protected from...

Speaking of brain surgeons...