Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 04:31 AM   #1
achillesa

Unhappy Unpaid bank loan and credit card left in UAE

Hi, I registered here because I am being bothered and stressed on what to do. I am a Filipino, I work in Abu Dhabi, UAE for 3years. I had a salary loan from DIB and a credit card from NBAd which i wasn't able to finish paying as I went back home to Philippines last year (January). It's been a year and 2 months now that I didn't pay any amount. Now, I am thinking to go bck to UAE. My question is, Can I still go back to UAE? or will they arrest me upon arrival in the airport? or am I banned already? Can they also chase me here in the Phils? like can they hold me in the immigration(here in the Phils) if I'll go out of the country? Because since I came home, I didnt try to go out of the country yet.

Now, I am thinking of talking to the bank, and ask them If I can go back there, and if ill be employed again (in UAE) , i will continue to pay my loan and card. will this idea be okay?Please advice me. Thank you so much
achillesa is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default re: Unpaid bank loan and credit card left in UAE

I wish to inform you that credit card company may seek your arrest in UAE. As there is outstanding amount which is not being paid thus generally credit card companies put security check in bank and get it dishonored and then file criminal case against bank. In this regard you may first settle with bank and seek its confirmation that there is no criminal case and then enter UAE. Further in Philippines there may not be extradition but credit card company may take civil action against you.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2014, 09:33 PM   #3
jhyn

hi.please i need your advice..
i worked in dubai before. i had unpaid credit card in mashrep bank..since i lose my job i stop paying my credit card balance..then i going back home(philippines) last 2010..
and now i work here in hongkong as a domestic helper
last month my parents received a letter from collecting agency said that they are authorized to collect the payment for my credit card balance..my credit card balance just 3000dirhams only.but the collecting agency said that i need to pay 700,000pesos.
so i call them.what im going to do.but they suddenly ask me if i want to settle that amount but i dont have
enough money to pay.my saalary is not enough.im separated i raised two sons 1 is in college and the other 1 is in highschool.
im being bothered and also my parents..
they said to me if i cant settle that amount police dubai will catch me here in hongkong.or i can't comeback to the philippines because they put me on jail.lastly i ask them the email address of mashreq bank.untill now i didnt received any reply.
please give me your advice i dont know what
do now.i have sleepless night..
jhyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2014, 12:42 AM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhyn View Post
i worked in dubai before. i had unpaid credit card in mashrep bank..since i lose my job i stop paying my credit card balance..then i going back home(philippines) last 2010..
last month my parents received a letter from collecting agency said that they are authorized to collect the payment for my credit card balance..my credit card balance just 3000dirhams only.but the collecting agency said that i need to pay 700,000pesos.
so i call them.what im going to do.but they suddenly ask me if i want to settle that amount but i dont have
enough money to pay.my saalary is not enough.im separated i raised two sons 1 is in college and the other 1 is in highschool.
they said to me if i cant settle that amount police dubai will catch me here in hongkong.or i can't comeback to the philippines because they put me on jail.lastly i ask them the email address of mashreq bank.untill now i didnt received any reply.
Yeah i would like to inform you that AFFA is a really miserable underpaid collection Agent who is helplessly trying to do his job. actually yesterday i was in Bahrain and the LALA Courts of Dubai sold my underwear to pay AFFA salary because of the Hajr law.
AFFA Get a real job you miserable piece indi/Egypt/Yemmeni Crap

Old 04-28-2014, 04:31 AM   #5
Unregistered

http://fitzvillafuerte.com/what-happens-if-i-dont-pay-my-credit-card-debts.html
Quote:

Old 05-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #6
honey924

Quote:
Ignore them. Do not entertain the calls because the more you do the more frequent they will call you. In case you need to talk to the collection agent, be firm and tell them that no where in the credit card or personal loan application states that these collection agencies are allowed to collect money from you for payments. Bear in mind that your agreement is between you and the bank only. There is also NO TRUTH that you will be jailed as they are telling most of the defaulters because credits applied in the UAE is governed by UAE central bank and UAE laws which is not applicable to any other countries including GCC other than UAE.
honey924 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2014, 12:27 AM   #7
Nice1

Smile re: Unpaid bank loan and credit card left in UAE

The President of UAE already announced since 2012 that bounced checks cannot be used to arrest defaulters. I worked with an international bank in UAE for almost 4 years and bouncing a check used to be a criminal offense in UAE but they've changed their laws recently giving defaulters a chance to resolve their debts with the bank without going to jail Please check the following links for a proof about the changes in bouncing check laws:

>> Security cheques cannot be used to arrest defaulters | GulfNews.com

>> Bouncing loan cheques in the UAE no longer a crime | The National

And for those being chased by heartless collection agents, that is absolutely harassment..think about filing legal action against them.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-29-2014, 01:13 AM   #8
Unregistered

so it means that no one can be stoped for example in airport if he has СС debt, or can be chased by police and being searched by interpol.... based on these laws...????

Old 06-23-2014, 09:25 AM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
Check this site http://pinoycreditcarddebtmanagement.blogspot.com

Old 07-28-2014, 10:48 PM   #10
Lara1203

Hi! I go back to my home country last year aug 2013. And now I want to go back in UAE. I left a loan with a bank. Pleas advise me on how to go back there and what are the things I should do? Thank you very much
Lara1203 is offline   Reply With Quote