Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2014, 08:01 AM   #11
josh080986

Default re: Unpaid bank loan and credit card left in UAE

I would like to ask if there is still a risk entering again UAE and other GCC Countries since I already closed the criminal case filed against me and I am back here in my home country Philippines and I was able to go out of UAE after clearing all myself from the criminal cases filed against me?

Here is my story, I just want to share my experience.

There is really a great risk entering the UAE again, since there is a big possibility of facing criminal charges when your loan becomes due and demandable after six (6) defaulted monthly installments, where this is the facts of my case.

I used to have 3 Personal/Salary Loans and 3 Unpaid credit cards-all fully used under different banks but only 2 banks filed a criminal case against me, at least i am thankful.

Based on my experience, I risks entering Qatar, being a GCC member country and not UAE, without bearing in mind the risks that there's a chance getting caught in Qatar but i was wrong then, they catch me in Qatar in Feb. 2014 and deported me to UAE to face the criminal charges filed against me over the unsettled obligations in the year 2011, they filed the case 6 months after I left UAE and 6 months default in my monthly installments.

I have settled my criminal case on a salary loan and unpaid credit card debt which i left in UAE in March 2011 just this February 2014 when i was deported from Qatar. I spent 2 days in jail in Qatar before getting deported in UAE, then I spent 5 days in Abu dhabi jail since I availed of the chance to be temporarily freed from incarceration when they offered to accept my brother in law's passport as a guarantee while attending court hearings.

Upon my first appearance in court, I was sentenced to one (1) year imprisonment to close the criminal case against me for the unpaid Salary loan of AED 200,000, but I refused to accept the judge decision, therefore I ask the court to give me enough time to negotiate with the bank, giving me one month to do it, which in fact i did not contact the bank, but I give time for myself to collect money from those friends with unsettled obligations to me.

Upon my second hearing at Abu Dhabi Courts, I just ask the judge that I will accept any court decision will be final and I am ready to accept it because I failed to negotiate with the bank, therefore the judge handed down his decision for my case, to pay penalty of AED 2,000.00 to close my case then I will be freed.

My credit card criminal case in Dubai is also closed by paying the penalty of AED 3,000.00, out of AED 10,000 principal amount.

I received emails from UAE banks and collecting agencies in the Philippines, demanding to settle my debts on agreeable terms and I did not entertain any of them cause it will not help at all, because the more they will chase you when you are responding their emails, They even visit my home and ask where I was currently living and they just get a response, I was in UAE, working being dishonest will help.

I was just given 1 month of special entry permit to enter UAE to settle my case, but it was not enough. So I ask the immigration clearance so I can exit UAE as soon as possible since I am already overstaying, past 60 days after special entry permit expired.

I did have a hard time waiting for my immigration clearance, the reason why I overstayed for more than 60 days since I still need the court clearances to clear my GCC Interpol block listing so I can exit UAE and to clear my police records in UAE. I even ask the help of PH Embassy PRO who helped me a lot in facilitating my immigration clearance.

My question are as follows after clearing the criminal charges for the unpaid debt,

Is there any possibility that civil case will be filed for me to recover the amount of indebtedness?

Is there a possibility that they can still catch me in any of the GCC countries and be deported back to UAE, just like before, they block listed me in the GCC Interpol in relation to the crimininal case against me?

Is the civil case in UAE can be a ground for GCC Interpol block listing?
josh080986 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-16-2014, 05:01 AM   #12
eissa

i went home in '09 from uae with credit card debt. one of the bank i am in debt with has now branch in KSA, will i be stopped or arrested if i enter immigration in KSA for the debt i have in their branch in UAE?
eissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2014, 12:21 AM   #13
Jm morales

I work in qatar last 2008 until 2009 my company terminated me because of the recession and i have 2 credit card debt for the amount of 50.000.00qr and i have a tourist visa in qatar approved.i ask the collection officer here in the philippines that is connected to the bank in the qatar the collection officer say that a police case has been already file a case agains me..but i told them that im willing to pay for my debt as long as i can work in qatar again because i cannot settle that here in the philippines..please help me..
Jm morales is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2014, 11:17 AM   #14
Unregistered

Josh
Tanong ko lang noon deport ka sa qatar at dinala sa dubai, ilang buwan ka bago ka diniport sa philippines

Old 11-20-2014, 01:30 PM   #15
curiosityattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey924 View Post
Ignore them. Do not entertain the calls because the more you do the more frequent they will call you. In case you need to talk to the collection agent, be firm and tell them that no where in the credit card or personal loan application states that these collection agencies are allowed to collect money from you for payments. Bear in mind that your agreement is between you and the bank only. There is also NO TRUTH that you will be jailed as they are telling most of the defaulters because credits applied in the UAE is governed by UAE central bank and UAE laws which is not applicable to any other countries including GCC other than UAE.
Honey924 - is it ok to get your email address.
I want to ask something also about unpaid credit cards. Thank you.
curiosityattack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #16
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Josh
Tanong ko lang noon deport ka sa qatar at dinala sa dubai, ilang buwan ka bago ka diniport sa philippines
It took me 99 days to clear my criminal case in uae, i was deported from qatar to uae, i was not deported fro uae to philippines, i just need to exit the country since I was only given 30 days special permit entry just need to clear my case for me exit UAE but it took me more than 30 days since I have to wait for court sked hearing of my case, I cleared my case by paying penalty, fines to the court in dubai and abu dhabi, separately.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:08 PM   #17
kshiv246

Default Re: Unpaid bank loan and credit card left in UAE

Hello. .I have been following the threads here and I have a question. If one has a bank default in U.A.E is that person liable to have any legal issues in India ??? My friend had left dubai this year due to a family emergency. She had just about 20K or 22K on her credit card. The banks collection agent in India called and said that he outstanding is now about 40K with the interest. The bank is going to file case against her in U.A.E and give her a travel ban for the whole of G.C.C. But she is not going back to that part of the world. Would she face any legal problems in India ?? Kindly advice.. Thanks in advance
kshiv246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #18
Unregistered

My uncle has d same case. What is the best thing to do? Go home to our country, or stay look for work and settle the payment arrangement with the bank? Please do advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh080986 View Post
I would like to ask if there is still a risk entering again UAE and other GCC Countries since I already closed the criminal case filed against me and I am back here in my home country Philippines and I was able to go out of UAE after clearing all myself from the criminal cases filed against me?

Here is my story, I just want to share my experience.

There is really a great risk entering the UAE again, since there is a big possibility of facing criminal charges when your loan becomes due and demandable after six (6) defaulted monthly installments, where this is the facts of my case.

I used to have 3 Personal/Salary Loans and 3 Unpaid credit cards-all fully used under different banks but only 2 banks filed a criminal case against me, at least i am thankful.

Based on my experience, I risks entering Qatar, being a GCC member country and not UAE, without bearing in mind the risks that there's a chance getting caught in Qatar but i was wrong then, they catch me in Qatar in Feb. 2014 and deported me to UAE to face the criminal charges filed against me over the unsettled obligations in the year 2011, they filed the case 6 months after I left UAE and 6 months default in my monthly installments.

I have settled my criminal case on a salary loan and unpaid credit card debt which i left in UAE in March 2011 just this February 2014 when i was deported from Qatar. I spent 2 days in jail in Qatar before getting deported in UAE, then I spent 5 days in Abu dhabi jail since I availed of the chance to be temporarily freed from incarceration when they offered to accept my brother in law's passport as a guarantee while attending court hearings.

Upon my first appearance in court, I was sentenced to one (1) year imprisonment to close the criminal case against me for the unpaid Salary loan of AED 200,000, but I refused to accept the judge decision, therefore I ask the court to give me enough time to negotiate with the bank, giving me one month to do it, which in fact i did not contact the bank, but I give time for myself to collect money from those friends with unsettled obligations to me.

Upon my second hearing at Abu Dhabi Courts, I just ask the judge that I will accept any court decision will be final and I am ready to accept it because I failed to negotiate with the bank, therefore the judge handed down his decision for my case, to pay penalty of AED 2,000.00 to close my case then I will be freed.

My credit card criminal case in Dubai is also closed by paying the penalty of AED 3,000.00, out of AED 10,000 principal amount.

I received emails from UAE banks and collecting agencies in the Philippines, demanding to settle my debts on agreeable terms and I did not entertain any of them cause it will not help at all, because the more they will chase you when you are responding their emails, They even visit my home and ask where I was currently living and they just get a response, I was in UAE, working being dishonest will help.

I was just given 1 month of special entry permit to enter UAE to settle my case, but it was not enough. So I ask the immigration clearance so I can exit UAE as soon as possible since I am already overstaying, past 60 days after special entry permit expired.

I did have a hard time waiting for my immigration clearance, the reason why I overstayed for more than 60 days since I still need the court clearances to clear my GCC Interpol block listing so I can exit UAE and to clear my police records in UAE. I even ask the help of PH Embassy PRO who helped me a lot in facilitating my immigration clearance.

My question are as follows after clearing the criminal charges for the unpaid debt,

Is there any possibility that civil case will be filed for me to recover the amount of indebtedness?

Is there a possibility that they can still catch me in any of the GCC countries and be deported back to UAE, just like before, they block listed me in the GCC Interpol in relation to the crimininal case against me?

Is the civil case in UAE can be a ground for GCC Interpol block listing?

Old 02-27-2015, 07:41 AM   #19
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesa View Post
Hi, I registered here because I am being bothered and stressed on what to do. I am a Filipino, I work in Abu Dhabi, UAE for 3years. I had a salary loan from DIB and a credit card from NBAd which i wasn't able to finish paying as I went back home to Philippines last year (January). It's been a year and 2 months now that I didn't pay any amount. Now, I am thinking to go bck to UAE. My question is, Can I still go back to UAE? or will they arrest me upon arrival in the airport? or am I banned already? Can they also chase me here in the Phils? like can they hold me in the immigration(here in the Phils) if I'll go out of the country? Because since I came home, I didnt try to go out of the country yet.

Now, I am thinking of talking to the bank, and ask them If I can go back there, and if ill be employed again (in UAE) , i will continue to pay my loan and card. will this idea be okay?Please advice me. Thank you so much
what happend with you dear did you get back to uae or no

Old 02-28-2015, 09:57 AM   #20
Unregistered

Default Re: Unpaid bank loan and credit card left in UAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey924 View Post
Ignore them. Do not entertain the calls because the more you do the more frequent they will call you. In case you need to talk to the collection agent, be firm and tell them that no where in the credit card or personal loan application states that these collection agencies are allowed to collect money from you for payments. Bear in mind that your agreement is between you and the bank only. There is also NO TRUTH that you will be jailed as they are telling most of the defaulters because credits applied in the UAE is governed by UAE central bank and UAE laws which is not applicable to any other countries including GCC other than UAE.

hi honey pls help me.. i left dubai February 2012 and i have a balance w/ my cc and my friend pay it continuously monthly till March 2013 and that time my balance is around 5,000 aed untill now i wasn't able to pay that balance because i am jobless and i have medication for the past 2 years of some illness... Now i am physically healthy and i am planning to go back to UAE, but i received an email from Bilkish and it really bothers me because my left balance w/ my cc is already 50,000 aed and they ask me to pay even only 10,000 dirhams to clear my account with them and they will give a clearance. But i can't pay that amount, now my tourist visa is on process.. my problem is does the police in Dubai immigration will catch me upon arrival and put me to jail.. i am planning to settle my account w/ the bank once i find a new job.. please help me what is the best i can do i am really worried because my visa is already started processing and i also borrowed that money for my ticket and visa and send it to my friend so that i can go back to UAE.. please help me i am really worried