Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Job Discrimination and Harassment

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2017, 02:35 AM   #1
Nagesh
Nagesh's Flag is: India

Default Threatened by a third party employee

I'm doing a project in a town in UP near Bihar border. One of the employees on a third party pay roll threatened to kill me and Kidnap me. I've been asked to go back home until the company can clear the entire matter. The problem is I'm so Scared after this incident that I would want to work in an office setting and not in such locations. Is it valid to ask the company to shift me to an office setting?
Nagesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-13-2017, 04:46 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Threatened by a third party employee

I wish to inform you that you may report matter to law enforcement agencies who may take action for your protection. As regards your employer you may request then to change location or provide you an office job but however you may not compel them. Legally an employer may not be forced to change location because of employees of third party.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2017, 12:31 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

In this case you need to file a police complaint regarding the threat. You can also report your company regarding the threat and request to resolve the issue or to provide a safe work place. Normally the company will look into the matter and will resolve the issue.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2017, 07:41 PM   #4
Weston
Weston's Flag is: United States

Threatened to kill??

Good Lord file a complaint with the police asap!! No matter what.
Weston is offline   Reply With Quote