Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Job Discrimination and Harassment

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
KyleW
KyleW's Flag is: United States

Default Boss who is EXTREMELY verbally abusive, harassing

I have a boss who is EXTREMELY verbally abusive, harassing (harassment), intimidating, yelling and screaming and cussing, and humiliates employees in front of peers to ALL personnel that works under him. I even have him cussing ME out in front of peers on my cell phones voice recording using the "F" word numerous times and another foreman on recording saying he could hear him 2 bays away.

Other co-workers including myself have been to front office about this disrespectful and humiliating demeanor numerous times but nothing gets done about it. Other employees have suggested we sue the company and that they would also come forward to testify or make it a Class Action Lawsuit.
What can i do??? What Legal right(s) do i have to pursue???
KyleW is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-19-2017, 12:56 PM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: Boss who is EXTREMELY verbally abusive, harassing

What can you do?

You can find yourself another job.

That upper management does nothing about this should speak volumes to you about their support of potty mouth.

There is no class action here and an individual action needs to involve a "hostile work environment" which this might or might not be.

Check out this Wikipedia article. It refers to a Supreme Court case decision that explains HWE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostile_work_environment
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2017, 07:35 AM   #3
Unregistered

Who is the management there?

They should be removed by the owners - - or are owners the management?

I agree get out if you can.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:26 PM   #4
Wenton2
Top Level Member
Wenton2's Flag is: United States

If multiple employees complain, it is hard to believe in today's legal environment that the management or owners of the company would allow that to continue.
Wenton2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2017, 07:04 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleW View Post
I have a boss who is EXTREMELY verbally abusive, harassing (harassment), intimidating, yelling and screaming and cussing, and humiliates employees in front of peers to ALL personnel that works under him. I even have him cussing ME out in front of peers on my cell phones voice recording using the "F" word numerous times and another foreman on recording saying he could hear him 2 bays away.

Other co-workers including myself have been to front office about this disrespectful and humiliating demeanor numerous times but nothing gets done about it. Other employees have suggested we sue the company and that they would also come forward to testify or make it a Class Action Lawsuit.
What can i do??? What Legal right(s) do i have to pursue???

I had the same situation and all 14 employees under him signed a petition that I made and they fired the a-hole yesterday!!
And good riddance it was!!
So never feel you HAVE to take that kind of nonsense.

Old 06-02-2017, 04:14 AM   #6
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

There is no law against being sworn at or yelled at by your boss. Perhaps you should leave and find a job you are better at.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote