Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Job Discrimination and Harassment

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2017, 03:42 PM   #1
abi1234
abi1234's Flag is: India

Default Sexual harrasment complaint against me

Hi,

I am currently working in a reputed software industry. One of my colleague filed sexual harassment case on me. We two were very good friends. I started liking her and I proposed her to get married. Then after she stopped talking to me. So I kept on sending message on her mobile to talk to me. As I was in love with her I was trying to know whether she likes someone else. So I had sent few messages asking about her status. I sent many texts to forgive me as well. But she used all these messages and filed a sexual harassment case with HR. All the allegations she made against me were because of her misunderstanding and were absolutely false except my messages. She has also spread this incident to all our colleagues in office which has impacted my reputation in my work place. Other female and male collegues started avoiding me. I submitted all the pics we had together to prove that we know each other very well and are close friends. But still the HR people took the girl side and punished me with a huge money deduction from my salary. They added few more allegations which were not logged by the girl.

May I please know whether the punishment was justified. Is it wrong whatever I did?

I have had no wrong intensions towards her. I miss her a lot. Her presence makes me more comfortable. I am in very much depression state since she stopped talking me. I want to prove her that I am not wrong. Please suggest me a way to do so.

I never wanted to lose her. She has been provoked against me by her surroundings.I am losing my mental stability because of her deeds. I know I am not wrong. I have not done anything wrong. I did my best to keep her in my life and to stay with her.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Last edited by abi1234; 03-29-2017 at 04:04 PM.
abi1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-29-2017, 05:29 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Sexual harrasment complaint against me

I wish to inform you that company cannot make money deduction from your salary as company was not the affected party. Relief can generally be provided to affected party and not company. While criminal action or disciplinary action may be taken against you by your company or aggrieved party but deduction of money may be contested on the ground that it is incorrect and law does not state any such punishment for harassment.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2017, 10:40 AM   #3
Unregistered

That is outrageous that they took part of your salary.
That IS illegal and they need to return that ASAP.

That is not the proper remedy if they feel that some issue existed.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:35 PM   #4
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

If you are in the US, they can however elect to lower your income without reason, as long as you earn minimum wage.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2017, 09:08 PM   #5
abi1234

I am working in India. Please suggest me how can I get my money back.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:28 AM   #6
Lexus
Top Level Member

In this case deduction of wages based on the complaint of an employee is not justifiable by any law. If the allegations in the complaint are proved with solid evidence then company can take disciplinary action or can file a criminal complaint against you, but they have no right to deduct your salary without even conducting an inquiry on the complaint. It is good to consult a lawyer in this matter to claim the deducted amount.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2017, 02:21 PM   #7
abi1234

They conducted enquiry but it was just a formality. They were already mentally decided to take action against me.