Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Domestic Violence and Abuse

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2020, 11:32 AM   #1
GGF
GGF's Flag is: United States

Default Court order and custody

My girlfriends ex boyfriend went to jail yesterday for assault on me, he's in jail now --- his sister came to the house with a paper that was wrote out by him stating she was aloud to pick his son up from his mother's house, it was signed by a jailer, but there was no other party stated in the court order they have for anyone else to pick him up, is this legal?
GGF is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-06-2020, 01:36 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Court order and custody

I wish to inform you that court ordered child custody is binding upon parties. If father is in jail then father can seek modification of child custody through court orders. Court will consider best interest of child while determining child custody.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-06-2020, 07:24 PM   #3
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: Court order and custody

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGF View Post
My girlfriends ex boyfriend went to jail yesterday for assault on me, he's in jail now --- his sister came to the house with a paper that was wrote out by him stating she was aloud to pick his son up from his mother's house, it was signed by a jailer, but there was no other party stated in the court order they have for anyone else to pick him up, is this legal?
It's HIS visitation. Nobody else's. If he's not available then nobody else gets the child no matter who writes what unless it's a court order signed by the judge.

She didn't release the child to the sister, did she?
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No