Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Other Immigration Law and Visas > H-1B Worker Visas

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2015, 02:23 PM   #1
MariaTainkina

Default Do a degree in English + a Certificate in Russian meet the H1B requirements?

Im a bit confused about whether I can quialify for an H1B visa. I have a college degree in teaching English and French as foreign languages (5 years of college) and a certificate with an apostile in teaching Russian as a foreign language (two-month course). I am Russian. Can I apply for an H1B visa as a teacher of Russian? Does the certificate count on top of my degree? I will appreciate your help greatly. Thank you in advance.
MariaTainkina is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 08-20-2015, 03:21 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Do a degree in English + a Certificate in Russian meet the H1B requirements?

I wish to inform that you may not apply for teaching Russian as your field of education and work experience is not in teaching Russian. You may show your education or work experience or combination of both in order to show that you qualify for H1b visa.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2015, 10:12 PM   #3
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Do a degree in English + a Certificate in Russian meet the H1B requirements?

You need an employer to sponsor an H1 visa.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

An H-1B visa is required if you are coming to the United States to perform services in a pre-arranged professional job. To qualify, you must hold a bachelor's or higher degree (or an equivalent degree) in the specific specialty for which you seek employment. USCIS will determine whether your employment constitutes a specialty occupation and whether you are qualified to perform the services. Your employer is required file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor concerning the terms and conditions of its contract of employment with you. You may seek advice from a competent attorney who may guide you in this regard.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2019, 12:18 AM   #5
damionfrye
damionfrye's Flag is: United States

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Twitter Profile

You need a sponsor visa.
damionfrye is offline   Reply With Quote