Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS > Arrests, Searches, Seizures

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2019, 02:24 AM   #1
QQQ44
QQQ44's Flag is: United States

Default Can I have marijuana in my car that I bought legally in Colorado

Can I have marijuana in my car that I bought legally in Colorado (where it's 100% legal) if I am driving cross country and through states that do not sell it or where it is not legal?

If not what am I supposed to do with it? Dump it at the border on the road?
That doesn't seem right either.

I m driving from Colorado where its legal to Michigan where it's legal but I have to pass through 3 states that are still in the dark ages.
QQQ44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-15-2019, 08:06 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Can I have marijuana in my car that I bought legally in Colorado

I wish to inform you that despite what a state’s marijuana laws says, the possession and sale of marijuana remains illegal under federal law by way of the Controlled Substance Act. And where federal and state law clash, federal law will always trump. To date, federal law enforcement agencies have left prosecution of minor marijuana cases to the states, even in Colorado where recreational use is permitted. That doesn’t mean, however, that the federal government has given up on enforcing restrictions on possession, manufacturing and cultivation and trafficking and distribution of controlled substances, including marijuana. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2019, 08:22 PM   #3
Highwayman
Top Level Member

No, you may not.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2019, 11:13 PM   #4
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQQ44 View Post

I m driving from Colorado where its legal to Michigan where it's legal but I have to pass through 3 states that are still in the dark ages.
Drive the speed limit and don't do anything that will get you pulled over.

Get a haircut, shave, remove facial metal, wear a dress shirt, cover your tats, and hope your Colorado plates don't get you pulled over.

Or, leave your stash in Colorado and buy a new supply when you get to Michigan.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote