Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Domestic Violence and Abuse

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #31
Unregistered

I have noone. As i lay in my bed licking the wounds that were bestowed upon me last night at 2 am ( because he thought i missplaced his glasses) while my 3 and 2 year old girls slept....i wonder why i let it go on for 12 years. I forgive the lies, broken promises, and the assaults......for what? Maybe i should do everyone a favor and just kill myself since i am a worthless wife and mother....apparently.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #32
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have noone. As i lay in my bed licking the wounds that were bestowed upon me last night at 2 am ( because he thought i missplaced his glasses) while my 3 and 2 year old girls slept....i wonder why i let it go on for 12 years. I forgive the lies, broken promises, and the assaults......for what? Maybe i should do everyone a favor and just kill myself since i am a worthless wife and mother....apparently.
you are not alone in your struggle & you are deffintly not a worthless mother!!!! I am registered psych nurse who has fallen victom to scary similar circumstances.you must decide today is the day, they day I regain power! The day I start to love& respect myself again! If we don't love & respect ourselves No one will! Not even our children& that is the last thing you deserve, You deserve to be free from that jerk!! You deserve happiness ,joy & the freedom to raise your children BUT you have to start by being here!!! Never loose hope. Starting over in Alabama!!

Old 11-05-2014, 07:03 AM   #33
Unregistered

Angry Re: Can't get husband out of the house? (emotional abuse)

Quote:
Maybe you should move out of the house.

Usually the women are the ones that make up these type of stories which are false, and no wonder why the men are so angry. Its just as much his house as it is yours. If you want a divorce, get out and be done with it.

Its a shame that women do this to men because they can. What a crying shame.
Wow,you must be a man!! Me being a women and being in kind of the same situation, you have know idea what it is like living in a home with kids, with this going on. I am disable and have a lot of health issues.I have been married for 19 yrs now. I have been wanting a divorce for about 6 yrs now. My kids are 17,15. He has neglected me and the kids for many many yrs. He has had nothing to do with them at all. I do everything with the house,bills,animals,kids,you name it.. Yes he does work,but it's not a very hard job. Every weekend its sits on the couch and watches TV or sits on the computer playing games. He doesn't help me with anything at all. I even have to go to the bank and cash he's check,if I don't he won't to it. Right now, i'm waiting to hear from SSI,praying I will get it. I have been asking for a divorce for a few years and asking him to leave. He thinks its a joke.I can't afford a lawyer. I'm broke. He has done a number on me and my kids emotional. We are all in therapy and have health issues because of him. This is a very serious thing. Don't go and judge us as women,men also go threw situations like this too... You really mad me mad about your remark!!!!

Old 11-05-2014, 07:11 AM   #34
User 183135294

Quote:
i wonder why i let it go on for 12 years
Not to be an *******, but the bottom line is you were getting enough out of the relationship to keep it going for 12 years. It doesn't work any other way.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #35
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Can't get husband out of the house? (emotional abuse)

There are 2 sides to every story. You are only supposed to listen to the one that you are being told. Now you know why I go by the title Disagreeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finix View Post
Not to be an *******, but the bottom line is you were getting enough out of the relationship to keep it going for 12 years. It doesn't work any other way.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #36
Unregistered

Angry Re: Can't get husband out of the house? (emotional abuse)

I am in a situation! I have been married for going on 3 years I have two beautiful children ages 18 months and 7 months, and I can't begin to recall what in Gods name would make me want to bring 2 innocent lives into the chaos that I live in. I am very thankful for my children but have suffered and the hand and mouth of my husband since the beginning. I really want him to leave but he won't, he keeps telling me that I will never make it without him and I will never be an asset only a liability. I know I have done some pretty messed up **** in my life but WOW! I don't think that God wants me to suffer like this for the rest of my life and most importantly my CHILDREN! They didn't ask for this. I know life is very complicated it has never been an easy road for me a lot of people around me seem to have it all figured out but I really don't know for sure they know either. On top of the spousal abuse both physical and emotional I have developed postpartum depression after my second child and am finding it very hard to get better without that support from him. He tells me that doctors are just trying to pump me with medicines so they can drive sports cars and implies i just need to exercise and get a job. Piece of cake right? WRONG!! I went for a job and now he is telling me that he needs me to go to work an hour later than what they ask me to and that I should be home 2 hours earlier than im supposed to bc he goes to bed at 8pm and he needs his sleep!!!! Damned if u do Damned if you don't! I am trying so hard to wrap my head around all of this but with no car and no job i am THE STICK IN THE MUD!!! STUCK for what seems like ETERNITY!!! I have faith though, I have to I didn't get this far on Looks alone, not that I'm pretty at least that's what he tells me......

Old 12-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #37
Unregistered

Smile Re: Can't get husband out of the house? (emotional abuse)

Quote:

Anybody can tell you that suicide is not the answer and it is usually easier coming from those who have never contemplated this harsh reality!! I on the other hand Have contemplated with several attempts and multiple fails obviously and can tell you this with sure confidence you are not a worthless mother and DO NOT LET HIM FILL YOUR HEAD WITH SUCH THOUGHTS! DON'T BLAME URSELF FOR HIM NOT BEING ABLE TO FULL FILL HIS DUTY AS A HUSBAND! MY MOTTO IN LIFE THAT I SOMEHOW WISH I COULD FOLLOW IS "BE SUBMISSIVE NOT STUPID!" YOUR GREAT AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU, BUT BC OF YOUR EXPERIENCES AND THE STRENGTH TO LIVE ANOTHER DAY DI-SPITE YOUR MISFORTUNES MAKES YOU A STRONG WOMAN!!!

Old 12-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #38
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

So put one foot in front of the other and soon you will be walking out the door and can file for divorce. Homeless shelters seen to be your best option.

Quote:
I am in a situation! I have been married for going on 3 years I have two beautiful children ages 18 months and 7 months, and I can't begin to recall what in Gods name would make me want to bring 2 innocent lives into the chaos that I live in. I am very thankful for my children but have suffered and the hand and mouth of my husband since the beginning. I really want him to leave but he won't, he keeps telling me that I will never make it without him and I will never be an asset only a liability. I know I have done some pretty messed up **** in my life but WOW! I don't think that God wants me to suffer like this for the rest of my life and most importantly my CHILDREN! They didn't ask for this. I know life is very complicated it has never been an easy road for me a lot of people around me seem to have it all figured out but I really don't know for sure they know either. On top of the spousal abuse both physical and emotional I have developed postpartum depression after my second child and am finding it very hard to get better without that support from him. He tells me that doctors are just trying to pump me with medicines so they can drive sports cars and implies i just need to exercise and get a job. Piece of cake right? WRONG!! I went for a job and now he is telling me that he needs me to go to work an hour later than what they ask me to and that I should be home 2 hours earlier than im supposed to bc he goes to bed at 8pm and he needs his sleep!!!! Damned if u do Damned if you don't! I am trying so hard to wrap my head around all of this but with no car and no job i am THE STICK IN THE MUD!!! STUCK for what seems like ETERNITY!!! I have faith though, I have to I didn't get this far on Looks alone, not that I'm pretty at least that's what he tells me......

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2019, 09:57 AM   #39
Unregistered

It's not always as easy as some here seem to think to actually leave.

Especially if you have no place to go and no family or true close friends.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:04 PM   #40
Lydden
Lydden's Flag is: United States

Agreed, the bums can leach on for a long time!!

Saw it in my own family!
Lydden is offline   Reply With Quote