X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jah
    • Sep 2015

My documents wnt to my wife and she refuse to give them to me

My travel/employment documents were approved however my wife and I are no longer living together and she refuses to hand over my documents I have already filed form I360 is there anything I can do to get my documents from her?
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: My documents wnt to my wife and she refuse to give them to me

I wish to inform you that you may report matter to law enforcement agencies. As documents belong to you thus you may seek its possession. Alternatively you may seek a court order directing your wife to return your documents as your wife has no basis or claim to those documents.

AFF

Comment

• Friend In Court
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Apr 2011
      • United States

Originally posted by jah
      My travel/employment documents were approved however my wife and I are no longer living together and she refuses to hand over my documents I have already filed form I360 is there anything I can do to get my documents from her?
      I agree with AFFA. You can report to the Postal Inspector for your area and also to Immigration. Between the two of them, they should see you get your documents.

Comment

• Lexus
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Sep 2010
        • United States

You can send a written notice to your wife demanding the documents within a specific time. If she refuses to respond the letter you can seek the help of law enforcement to get back your documents. Your wife has no legal authority to hold your documents.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do birds chirp or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...