Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Other Business and Finance Law Issues > Credit Cards, Banking, Securities

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
Unregistered

closed account

North Carolina , Hello i had a savings and checking account with Bank OF America they closed my accounts because i han two overdrafts in one month and they soid i used my atm card to much, i had payroll deduction which is requried at my work place they held my last check and said that i could not use any bank in the u.s. in the next five years, they also sent a letter to whacovia bank and had me removed from my wifes account what can i do?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: closed account

If they acted wrongfully you can sue in small claims and report them to the bank licensing dept of your state government.

I don't quite see what the issue was based on your post here--it's odd to close the account for that.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
Unregistered

Re: closed account

I called the number that the bank gave (vest customer service ) and they said that it was a business decission because the bank did not want to lose money altho my check was direct deposit i still do not understand it first it was 2- overdrafts in one months then i use the atm to much an now the bank is loosing money on my account ,and i still cant use any other bank in the u.s. for 5-years.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
Unregistered

That is their decision and right unfortunately if you are bouncing checks.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:41 AM   #5
Unregistered

Smile Re: closed account

i was not bounceing checks,i have been turned over to chexsystems who says they did not make the decision or tell me why it was made they did give me a form to fill out to dispute this claim which i plan on doing.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #6
Unregistered

Bank of America is quickly becoming infamous for extremely poor service and shyster dealings. We taxpayers bailed them out and this is how they are repaying us.

Get an attorney and quickly. What they are doing is illegal.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
Unregistered

Question New Question???

Hello,

I'm new to this site so forgive me if my queston does not belong here.

Question: U meet a person who advised they are very well to do with a lot of different businesses and corp. This person advised he has paid a TON in taxes in the past, and would reather help his friends and family and in return help reduce his taxes. This person offers to pay off your car loan through his checking account, your balance is $9500, and he will pay it off for you for $1500/ with a $500 deposit. You pay the deposit and indeed you finance company has you marked as paid in full, mails you your title and all other buyer/seller information once a car loan is paid in full. Now heres the catch....... you call your finance company before you receive your tag in the mail, now instead of it saying you balance is $00 is says your r past due $380, so you speak with collections andt they say you still have a balance of $9600 and you r past due by 1 month, there is no record or the payment per this collections rep, he also advised you can't make a $9500 payment over the phone anything above $2000 must be paid in person?? well you know that's not correct because you where there when the payment was made and the confirmation was received in the mail. So you receive you title in the mail along with all other paperwork sayinig your account is PAID IN FULL! who's on the line for the balance they are now saying is due, and is the matter a criminial offence???