USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

How can I drop charges? (Simple Assault, Harassment, Disorderly Conduct)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Disagreeable
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Oct 2012
    • United States

Re: How can I drop charges? (Simple Assault, Harassment, Disorderly Conduct)

It is unlikely they will be dropped. Your testimony will only convict him. This is why you should always record testimony given to an officer.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• Unregistered

I am finding it very difficult to get the prosecutor to drop charges I filed against a neighbor for damaging my car intentionally. It was all on video...BTW
      The neighbor paid my repairs but the local prosecutors are still taking him to trial.

Comment

• adjusterjack
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • May 2016

Originally posted by Unregistered
        I am finding it very difficult to get the prosecutor to drop charges I filed against a neighbor for damaging my car intentionally. It was all on video...BTW
        The neighbor paid my repairs but the local prosecutors are still taking him to trial.
        He did what he did. Nothing you can do about it. He'll have to make his own deal.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by adjusterjack
          He did what he did. Nothing you can do about it. He'll have to make his own deal.
          Although the prosecutor will at least note if the person does not want to press charges and does not plan to be a cooperating witness.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do birds chirp or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...