Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

 
Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > OTHER LEGAL ISSUES > Money Frauds and Scams

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices


Reply

 

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
Alan exMOD
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10
Default Ex YMMSS /STA forum moderator

To all YMMSS/ STA victims.



Hi folks

I have read a great deal over the last few years regarding YMMSS or STA as it was known as latterly. I myself am really angry and upset by the whole saga and I can understand some of the pain people have felt and some of the anger that has been propelled at Kim Inman and some of the others who assisted at YMMSS/STA.

My Dream
When I was asked to be a moderator on the forum I was honoured. I really believed in this thing. I had invested money into this venture and it was my best friend who introduced me. We worked together and every day at lunch or tea breaks we'd go into fantasy mode and imagine what life would be like once we'd seen the fruit of our investment. I am not a stupid man but I actually believed that by the time I was 40, I'd be raking in about the equivalent of £50,000 per quarter. I'd be able to help all my family and give my own wife and kids a great life. I'd be able to live really well, have no debt, have a nice house, nice car and help any charitable cause that came along. I used to tell my kids that we'd visit New York on the QE2. (They still remind me that this didn't happen)

I was really caught up!

In the forums we ran, I couldn't stand it when people were negative about the business.. To me it was personal. They were damaging my money! My dream. I have read in this forum and others that 'Alan' the mod was abusive, and cheeky etc. I doubt I was ever abusive but I did get angry with some people. I also used to get really angry with Matrix Watch forum. Partly because of the nature of the attacks they launched. Not from the forum's admin, but from prominent users who would say horrible things. Cursing people. In anybody's book, that is unacceptable.

I've always felt that if Matrix Watch had kept it professional instead of allowing personal attacks and hysteria, people like me would have listened to them a lot sooner.


Cracks
When Kim visited the UK, the business was already in trouble. Cycle times were getting out of control. I began to have serious doubts after analysing what Kim had told us when he visited. Friendship through Advertising

I had been worried before his visit and when I met him, he seemed a decent man. However, I did notice a few little things that led me to wonder about his integrity. He is a great salesman, but when you watch someone for a day or two, you see the odd crack appearing. But I didn't judge, we are all human.

He presented to us how the new payment system was going to work. To me it meant the dream was gone, but maybe we would get our money back and a little more as a bonus. It was wishful thinking and self delusion.

Where is the Money?
I know many of you who read this will be very angry with me. There seems to be a strong opinion on this matter; that people like me benefited financially from YMMSS/STA.

I can assure everyone that I did not. I lost money. Probably only about £3000 which is not a lot, but then it's all relative. That was about 3 months wages to me at that time.
I was no financial whiz kid. I just new how to switch on the PC and use a forum. Thats all. My brother also lost more than me as did some of my friends.

The other moderators I knew well didn't make any money either. Some may have taken money when some of their money had cycled and they got the odd $320 out, but that was about it for most. Almost everyone had their eye on the bigger prize of 'financial freedom' and making big bucks one day. Letting the money ride!



Also worth noting - The moderators and forum admin were not privy to what went on in the YM/STA office. We were just forum people.

I also read somewhere about Esto - Stephen Rose, making $30M. That is just impossible. Stephen probably did make some money, but I doubt he made as much as people think. I know Barry Eschenberg made money because at one point, he was the only way through to join the programme. He got $10 for every sign up at one point, plus he was a very early investor.

I am Sorry
This is not the first time I've apologised but -
I apologise to anyone I hurt in the forum by arguing with them or removing their post. It felt at one point like we were constantly putting out out fires in the forum. I'm sorry I didn't listen but there was so much abuse, it just felt like an attack every time someone made negative comments.

I am also sorry for those who have lost money and some who have lost everything they had. If I could help you I would.

Can I say this - I was a nobody in this business who thought he was a somebody. I want Kim brought to justice too. There is barely a week goes by that I don't think about what happened here and feel ashamed at allowing myself to be sucked right into it.

Please forgive me. I don't know what I can offer other than my honest apology.

There were a lot of good folks at YM/STA and I made some friends I'll never forget.


I have a feeling that some who read this will want to attack me. If it makes you feel better go right ahead, but I am not the villain in this story. If I am guilty of anything, it was for trusting a man. The only difference between us is that I was a Mod on a forum.



God bless and I hope that we can chat and maybe be constructive in some way.
Alan exMOD is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Ex YMMSS /STA forum moderator

Hi, Alan.

Are you a former mod from North of the border?

God bless you, too.

Paul, Wales
  Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
Alan exMOD
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10
Default Re: Ex YMMSS /STA forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, Alan.

Are you a former mod from North of the border?

God bless you, too.

Paul, Wales
Yes Paul, the very one. How are you doing?
Alan exMOD is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
bonrich610
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Ex YMMSS /STA forum moderator

We, too, lost money in YMMS/STA and believed in Kim and others. I remember you in the forum and my heart goes out to all of you who volunteered so much time and effort to keep the members together and informed. My husband and I do not blame you or some of the others because just becaused you also believed in it, you should not be perceived as being a "bad" person. We had blinders on when it came to realizing that once people began putting in many thousands of dollars that it would take much more from everyone just for them to cycle. If, anything, a limit should have been placed on the amounts going in but, then again, that would have just bought time. We cycled once for ten dollars and our sponsor put that in. Do we blame you personally or those who keep trying .? Remember NHA also--we still believed it was all salvagable---and it fizzeld too. I think that you are taking more upon yourself than necessary--like us, your last ten years have probably been rough and lean. I guess we should all have learned that life can not always be easy and that greed and envy are the basis of evil in this world. A hard lesson to digest!!!!!! If there are indeed class action suits or any other actions against those in charge of this organization, we hope that something can out of it for the good of those who truly felt that they had found a way to a better life.
  Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
Alan exMOD
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10
Default Re: Ex YMMSS /STA forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrich610 View Post
We, too, lost money in YMMS/STA and believed in Kim and others. I remember you in the forum and my heart goes out to all of you who volunteered so much time and effort to keep the members together and informed. My husband and I do not blame you or some of the others because just becaused you also believed in it, you should not be perceived as being a "bad" person. We had blinders on when it came to realizing that once people began putting in many thousands of dollars that it would take much more from everyone just for them to cycle. If, anything, a limit should have been placed on the amounts going in but, then again, that would have just bought time. We cycled once for ten dollars and our sponsor put that in. Do we blame you personally or those who keep trying .? Remember NHA also--we still believed it was all salvagable---and it fizzeld too. I think that you are taking more upon yourself than necessary--like us, your last ten years have probably been rough and lean. I guess we should all have learned that life can not always be easy and that greed and envy are the basis of evil in this world. A hard lesson to digest!!!!!! If there are indeed class action suits or any other actions against those in charge of this organization, we hope that something can out of it for the good of those who truly felt that they had found a way to a better life.
Hi, Very nice post.

We did meet a lot of nice people in YMMSS/ STA and thats the sore point that they are the ones who really lost out. I have realised though that there are no 'wonder schemes' that make people money - except work or legitimate business.

Anyhow, we move on. But I posted this just to try and bring my perspective to the whole thing.

Thanks for again for posting.

Alan
Alan exMOD is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
lilly
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3
Default Re: Ex YMMSS /STA forum moderator

I heard that the IRS was looking into who will get paid?
lilly is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
Hummerbabe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Ex YMMSS /STA forum moderator

Is anything ever going to come of all this?
I started to take all my money out when I saw a picture of Kim leaning on a wall during a member get together and saw a certain expression on his face; I read his face, and coupled with a few of the conference calls I had attended when he could not answer simple questions, I just knew he was a fraud. I got out just in time and did get my money back. An other thing that tipped me off was when I was going to buy for $80,000 and Barry told me not to do that. Why would he be concerned? Anywhy I didn't lose anything, but am very suspicious now!
I do think Kim should be prosecuted 'cause he did steal people's money. Will he ever answer for his crimes?
  Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #8
Alan exMOD
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10
Default Re: Ex YMMSS /STA forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummerbabe View Post
Is anything ever going to come of all this?
I started to take all my money out when I saw a picture of Kim leaning on a wall during a member get together and saw a certain expression on his face; I read his face, and coupled with a few of the conference calls I had attended when he could not answer simple questions, I just knew he was a fraud. I got out just in time and did get my money back. An other thing that tipped me off was when I was going to buy for $80,000 and Barry told me not to do that. Why would he be concerned? Anywhy I didn't lose anything, but am very suspicious now!
I do think Kim should be prosecuted 'cause he did steal people's money. Will he ever answer for his crimes?

It would seem that when you steal from normal people, it takes a long time to get justice (if at all). Yet, we see Bernie Madoff Bernard Madoff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stealing from banks and investment houses and he gets a jail sentence swiftly. Same type of ponzi scheme, only bigger than YMMSS
Alan exMOD is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #9
randbcapan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
Default Re: Ex YMMSS /STA forum moderator

Alan---No one can blame you! I often wondered how good you were --all of you--to devote your free time to monitor the desk. We learned too late how badly things were going and should have just looked at the warning signs but we didn't either and lost what we consider a substantial sum. Any monies were at that time!
I thank you for a better understanding of it all and you were 'roped" in also by wanting to provide a good life for your family, friends and yourself. This can't be faulted--we sometimes look onto things like this with blinders and only when it is too late--do we see how we could have and should have not done what we did!
Good Luck in the future and hope things work out for you.
Bonne and Rich
randbcapan is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #10
Alan exMOD
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10
Default Re: Ex YMMSS /STA forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by randbcapan View Post
Alan---No one can blame you! I often wondered how good you were --all of you--to devote your free time to monitor the desk. We learned too late how badly things were going and should have just looked at the warning signs but we didn't either and lost what we consider a substantial sum. Any monies were at that time!
I thank you for a better understanding of it all and you were 'roped" in also by wanting to provide a good life for your family, friends and yourself. This can't be faulted--we sometimes look onto things like this with blinders and only when it is too late--do we see how we could have and should have not done what we did!
Good Luck in the future and hope things work out for you.
Bonne and Rich
Thanks for your nice post. I did devote a lot of time and along with other moderators was accused of getting paid for being a moderator. I certainly wasn't.

However, I learned a lot of lessons for the future.

All the best to you and yours
Alan exMOD is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Reply

Bookmarks

This thread has 21 replies and has been viewed 10417 times


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can a forum poster demand the removal of his posts from the forum? Mr. Questionman Internet Law 0 06-04-2011 08:11 PM
Is it illegal in any way for a moderator to post one's IP number on a public forum... Unregistered Internet Law 2 05-18-2010 11:19 AM
Forum abuse: A moderator or administrator totally changed the post Unregistered Internet Law 6 09-02-2009 06:26 PM
Forum Moderator with a Vendetta ChattyCathy Other Criminal Law Matters 3 08-12-2008 11:39 PM
WLD YMMSS/STA FAQ? RighteousAnger Money Frauds and Scams 10 02-05-2007 01:25 AM




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.


Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2019 by LegalJunkies.com