Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Small Claims Courts

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2019, 06:19 PM   #1
JaBee
JaBee's Flag is: Philippines

Default UPESO LOANS IN THE PHILIPPINES

Hi!

I just really need some advice. Last month we applied for a personal loan in an online lending company in the Philippines. Before that, we have received multiple messages coming from them saying that if I apply for a loan to them with this amount, I will be able to get it within 2 hours after I get approved. So we did that. Since we really needed the money that time and because we believed they offer a much lesser interest and also, because they said that it will be disbursed within 2 hours, We believed that. So, after I applied, I had the result as well through text message and it says there that I'm approved, I was suppose to be happy that time but no. I was so devastated. Why? Because it says there as well that I will get the money within 1 - 2 working days! And that day is Friday! I really needed the money that day and I was really counting on them that time to be the answer to my problem but instead, they've become one of my problems. After I found out about that, I immediately emailed them( since it's the only way to reach their customer service), saying that I want them to cancel the loan if I won't be able to get it that same day since I really need it that time. After a day, it was like weekend, they responded that they can't cancel the loan anymore since it was already approved. I don't know how it works really, but I still responded that why can't they cancel my loan, it's not yet disburse yet, so I have this mindset that they still have a ways to cancel it since it's not yet a working day since it's weekend. I even said that I won't be responsible for anything regarding the loan since I contacted them right away after I found out that they won't be able to help me at all. They gave me a misleading information regarding the disbursement of the money. If I only know that, I will not apply to them since I needed the money on that same day.

So, after the weekend, I waited for two days to see if they will still put the money into my account, and unfortunately they did. So now, they keep on calling and texting me that my loan is past due and that I needed to pay. And when I talked to one of their agents, they are saying that I needed to give back the money that I owe. I already told them that they gave me misleading info but they still keep on saying that I need to give the money because my account was already endorsed for field visitation, something like that. What can I do about this? Because right now, I am still paying of the money I borrowed from another lending company, since I wasn't able to borrow money from them when I needed it the most I borrowed from another company where I'd be able to get the money that same day but with a higher interest. I need advice on what I can do about this. Their agents are not good in talking with people as well. Just received a text from them saying that since my account is past due, there will be 3% interest everyday. I didn't know that as well.

I really hope someone can understand and help. I can't think straight anymore.
JaBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-23-2019, 04:39 AM   #2
Anna390
Anna390's Flag is: Philippines

Default Re: UPESO LOANS IN THE PHILIPPINES

Report po ninyo un unfair collection practices nila sa
consumeraffairs@bsp.gov.ph
Anna390 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2019, 02:15 AM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that you may file a complaint with SEC Philippines. Further, the i-Message Mo is a web-based online application for lodging of public messages on violations. This facility is an alternative venue where the complainants are able to follow-up their complaints and track their status from anywhere.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2019, 11:07 AM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that you may file a complaint with SEC Philippines. Further, the i-Message Mo is a web-based online application for lodging of public messages on violations. This facility is an alternative venue where the complainants are able to follow-up their complaints and track their status from anywhere.

AFF
Did that already po. Im in a very bad financial situation right now. Tried to loan in one of this online lending app. So hirap ka na nga, mayaas p interest, ending i applied with another one. Hanggang sa di ko na talaga kaya paikutin sa laki ng interest. Settled some of the loans. Iyong naiwan may mga try ako ipartial pero sa laki ng interest like php300 per day, nababalewala ang partial payments.

So dahil hindi sila takot sa batas or wala silang pakialam if may navioolate sila, araw araw silang tumatawag at nanghaharrass.

Nireport ko po ito sa SEC, nagsend sila demand sa app pero wala naman nangyari....

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-16-2019, 11:01 PM   #5
Pilipinas2019
Pilipinas2019's Flag is: Philippines

Hi, ako din. I have an existing loan with them. I've been receiving threats from them saying na a legal officer will visit the house and they will do legal actions daw. Natatakot ako for me and my family. Feeling ko kasi I am being harassed already. I blocked their numbers already. I can't pay them yet kasi I can't still since kakaumpisa ko lang ng job ko. Last week someone contacted me again. I offered to pay atleast 500 , pero what they want is 2,000 daw. Eh, wala naman akong ganong kalaking halaga. Ngayon some texted me again, saying na may legal officer na pupunta, etc. Can someone give me an advice what to do po? Salamat.

Last edited by Pilipinas2019; 07-16-2019 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Incorrect
Pilipinas2019 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2019, 03:38 AM   #6
Shengskie
Shengskie's Flag is: Philippines

Sino dito multiple yung online lending na nautangan? Ano po nangyari? Nakulong po ba kayo
Shengskie is offline   Reply With Quote