X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BornAbroad
    • Jul 2016

Born abroad to US citizen and alien in wedlock

I am 38 years old and married. I was born in Spain in 1978. My mother is a U.S. citizen and my father is from Spain.

According to INA 301(g) "Birth abroad to one citizen and one alien parent in wedlock" for birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, I do not qualify for my naturalization because my mom wasn't present in the United States for a period equal or longer to 5 years after she was 14 and before I was born. She had me when she was 16.

I read somewhere that I would qualify if my grandparent was a citizen and had been present in the United States for a certain amount of time.

Could anybody tell me if this is true? I would appreciate some pointers so I know where to keep looking for information regarding my case, I am very lost right now.

Thanks in advance for any help I could get here.
  • Disagreeable
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Oct 2012
    • United States

Re: Born abroad to US citizen and alien in wedlock

If your mother has died in the past 5 years, your US grandparent can apply for citizenship for you, if they meet the requirement.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• AFFA
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Dec 2009

Re: Born abroad to US citizen and alien in wedlock

I wish to inform you that for acquiring citizenship of the United States through grandparents, you have to below 18 years of age and present in the United States.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...