• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MASONEX
    • Sep 2019
    • United States

Mentally abusing our son

PA

My ex has partial custody & my 10 year old son goes to his fathers house 3 out of 4 weekends a month, rotate major holidays & has him a week during the summer months. Hes absolutely miserable there & cries ballistic when its almost time for us to go to his house. It recently just came to light that my sons father & the fathers girlfriends 12 year old son are mentally abusing him, in my opinion & in other family members opinions, by calling him swear word names, calling him stupid & making him feel bad about himself. The father doesnt know that I know all of this yet but am going to address it. I dont want to keep sending my son there & putting him in that situation especially when he doesnt want to go there at all. What do I do?
  • adjusterjack
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • May 2016

Re: Mentally abusing our son

You will have to go to court and convince a judge that this is happening. Your 10 year old will have to testify under oath about the mental abuse unless you have an eye witness to the abuse who is willing to testify.

What you "know" is likely to be ruled inadmissible as hearsay.

Comment

• family man

You know, it is still his dad, with all the good and the bad -- hate him as you do, the boy in the long run probably needs and wants his dad...

Comment

• Naples
        • Dec 2018
        • United States

Tell them to knock it off or you will go back to court.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red rose is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...