Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody and Support

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout




Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2019, 06:35 PM   #1
Junior Member
Margechico's Flag is: Philippines
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1
Default Child support from American father who lives and work in iraq.

I just wanna ask an advice about child support. I have a daughter shes 2 months old. His father is an american. We met in iraq both working there. I came home december coz i was pregnant that time. We broke up 2 months after coz they get back together with his ex. He promised me he will support me since im the only one supporting my 4 kids from my previous partner and my bf is aware of that. From $1000 he slowly cut into $500. I said im getting $700 from my work and that was good enough for my kids. You have to give me the same amount of my salary coz i have a baby to take care of. He is always giving me a problem. Month of july he was planning to abandon us coz he is not replying my texts at all until such time i emailed his employer and he texted me why did i do that?. Im still in recovery coz i was CS and i delivered the baby on june 28. He didint even sent us payment for my hospital bill. We agreed he will send me 700 per month but he is not doing his promise. Coz of that i tempted to put my baby’s name on him by hiring a fixer. I know its illegal but i was so mad at him coz he promised that he will provide our expenses for now thats why i did that. I told him before just give me enough time to get fully recovered and find a job then he can stop giving support and he said yes. But He is not doing his promise. He told me he will only give us support if i will give him the copy of her birth certificate but i didnt give him coz he might use that to file a case against me. I told him i will give it to you but with a lawyer. He said he will not do anything wrong. But i dont believe him. So he said he will not send support. What should i do to get a full support for my daughter from him?
Margechico is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-14-2019, 01:54 AM   #2
Top Level Member
goddessoflubboc's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,323
Default Re: Child support from American father who lives and work in iraq.

File in the court with jurisdiction. That’s the only way to get it ordered.

Don’t expect him to be ordered to support you and your other kids.
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No


This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 46 times

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can my American child receive child support from American father while living in mex xochil574 Child Custody and Support 3 09-02-2019 08:57 AM
Child support father lives in Canada (from Phil) momi012 Child Custody and Support 26 09-18-2017 04:47 PM
Can I file for Child Support from the Father if he lives in Canada (from Phils) omicron Child Custody and Support 1 01-04-2014 03:24 PM
Minnesota - child lives with father, father still paying support to mother miimaa Child Custody and Support 2 09-25-2013 10:10 AM
Child custody Iraq -- I am an American citizen working in Iraq. Shaneh1 Child Custody and Support 5 07-02-2009 10:04 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.

Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2019 by