X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Re: Is it possible to sue my pain management doctor

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Hi I am having the same issue and I did not want to even go to a pain clinic. I have been on the same pain medication and dose since and now the Pain management doctor want to ween me down to what i should of been on in the beginning 9 years ago and of course I have way more pain now. He doesn't care. So I am going to try and sue him too. Thanks for helping me decide what I had to do.
    you go girl or boy i want to sue the hell out of my doc. to

Comment

• Tondal

Why?
      What did he do?
      Just curious! I have my own family concerns as well.

Comment

• Lena3

I am also having trouble with the decrease that is now being forced on me.
        I am still not quite sure where to turn, or if to try to sue.

Comment

• gail in georgia
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆
          • Sep 2012

The initial question was whether it was possible to sue the OP's pain management physician.

It's possible to sue anybody for anything. People can come up with a number of imaginative claims to sue someone.

It's winning a lawsuit that's the tricky part.

And collecting on a judgment is even trickier.

Gail

Comment

• Gt45

Everybody wants to sue the Doctor these days.

The patient also has some responsibility. What is the doctor to do, deny pain medicine? Then the patients would complaint about that too.

Comment

• Unregistered

I am addicted to the pain killers I was prescribed and it seems they were never really truly needed.
              Can I sue the doctor or make him pay for a rehab clinic or something to get me off these things now.

Comment

• Wenton2
                Top Level Member
                ☆☆☆☆☆☆
                • Sep 2016
                • United States

If the doctor had reasonable belief that they were advisable then such a suit would be very difficult. Given that almost every medical procedure in the US includes pain relief medicine, it is unlikely the doctor's actions were unreasonable.

But you could speak with a personal injury or malpractice lawyer in detail as well.

I know the current thought on these meds is possibly changing but at the time you were provided the prescription it was probably not so unusual.

Comment

• Jake9

I am addicted to the pain killers I was prescribed and it seems they were never really truly needed.
                  Can I sue the doctor or make him pay for a rehab clinic or something to get me off these things now.

I doubt any lawyer would take that case based on the very limited facts you provided here.

Comment

• Disagreeable
                    Top Level Member
                    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                    • Oct 2012
                    • United States

It sounds more like you allowed yourself to become addicted and have failed to take steps to notify the provider you need help weaning off them, and you have failed to take steps to wean yourself off. One of the hazards listed with the information offered with the medication is the potential for addiction. You accepted the side effect as being possible when you elected to take the meds.
                    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• Unregistered

Everybody wants to blame somebody--and especially people love to blame the doctor.
                      People also need to take personal responsibility in their lives and that seems to be missing lately in this country.

Comment

• Unregistered

If my pain management doctor is arrested will they automatically cut my prescription?
                        Do i need to start prepping now?

It seems he is under investigation currently according to the local news.

Comment

• Highwayman
                          Top Level Member
                          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                          • Sep 2014

Ask your doctor or pharmacist.

That's not a legal question and this thread is almost a year old. If you have a legal question start your own thread.

Comment

• Unregistered

Everybody wants to blame somebody--and especially people love to blame the doctor.
                            People also need to take personal responsibility in their lives and that seems to be missing lately in this country.
                            Well they SHOULD be blamed. Have you seen what is happening lately.
                            Those pain killer opioid companies and doctors were were acting just like illegal drug dealers, no different.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessoflubboc

You can sue anyone. Prevailing is where you will run into problems.

All pain medications, even Tylenol, can cause rebound pain. No one is saying you aren't feeling pain, it's a matter of the source. Doctors are under strict guidelines to bring all but the terminally ill patients down to a minimum of pain meds.

But I think they are doing it too fast now -- bc they fear getting sued (or worse) by the government.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...