Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Family-Sponsored Visas > K-1 Fiance and K-3 Spouse Visas

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 01:24 AM   #1
Saima

Default K-1 Visa (cousin marriages, marriage between first cousins)

My fiance who is my first cousin as well is trying to sponsor me K-1 Visa from US we are muslims and our religion allow marriage between first cousins. I want to know whether i disclose in K-1 visa form that we are cousins or NOT becoz i have heared that US law prohibits cousin marriages. Plzz guide me Thanks in advance

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: K-1 Visa (cousin marriages, marriage between first cousins)

I want to inform you that in the case of first cousin marriages, it is the state in which the Sponsor resides in USA which will guide the matter. If your fiance resides in a state in which first cousin marriages are permitted, you can be granted a K1 visa. In a state in which first cousin marriages are not permitted, it will create a obstacle in obtaining a K1 visa. Further, it will have to be considered by the visa official if this marriage is a genuine marriage or sham marriage.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
Unregistered

He lives in illinois where cousin marriage is prohibited but our religion allow cousin marriages

Old 09-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
Unregistered

I, too, am in a similar situation. I don't know if it will work, but I plan on putting on my I-129F petition that I intend to marry in a different state.

Does anyone know if that will work?

Old 07-24-2014, 12:23 AM   #5
Unregistered

Did this work out for you? saying that you would marry in another state?

Old 01-10-2019, 02:11 PM   #6
K1 Visa
K1 Visa's Flag is: United States

I'm filling my fiancé first cousin from Vietnam and we both gay. He already had his interview in November 5, 2018 and they gave him a blue form 221(g). Two weeks later he received another blue form asking us to submit documents support such as how we met........and turn in Family Tree form. We did submit everything in beginning of December 2018. Does anyone know how long we have to wait?
K1 Visa is offline   Reply With Quote