Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2019, 08:35 PM   #1
dBase23
dBase23's Flag is: Philippines

Default Unpaid ADCB Loan

I left an unfinished loan in ADCB in UAE about 100k dhs. I am here in the Philippines right now and no plans of coming back again. What are the legal measures the bank can employ? I believe every loan applied to the bank is insured.
dBase23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-11-2019, 10:22 AM   #2
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: Unpaid ADCB Loan

UAE bank could not take any legal action against you in your home country.
But there is a chance for arrest at any GCC airport upon arrival for unpaid debt in UAE.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2019, 07:38 PM   #3
dBase23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
UAE bank could not take any legal action against you in your home country.
But there is a chance for arrest at any GCC airport upon arrival for unpaid debt in UAE.
Thank you very much for the reply.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:27 PM   #4
miss_d85
miss_d85's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by dBase23 View Post
I left an unfinished loan in ADCB in UAE about 100k dhs. I am here in the Philippines right now and no plans of coming back again. What are the legal measures the bank can employ? I believe every loan applied to the bank is insured.
Hello, when did you leave UAE? I also have about 54k unfinished loan in ADCB. I left UAE because of personal matters. Tasheel lady keep on sending messages regarding my loan. I am planning to pay them when I get a new job as I can't continue paying right now because I still didn't find a job. 😞😞😞

Last edited by miss_d85; 01-12-2019 at 10:24 PM.
miss_d85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2019, 05:34 AM   #5
dBase23

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_ragasa View Post
Hello, when did you leave UAE? I also have about 54k unfinished loan in ADCB. I left UAE because of personal matters. Tasheel lady keep on sending messages regarding my loan. I am planning to pay them when I get a new job as I can't continue paying right now because I still didn't find a job. 😞😞😞
Just last December.

Old 01-18-2019, 03:37 PM   #6
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dBase23 View Post
Relax as you have nothing at all to worry about unless you are going to enter the UAE. Any legal threats in your home country for the liability you have in the UAE is null and void.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2019, 12:42 AM   #7
miss_d85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
Relax as you have nothing at all to worry about unless you are going to enter the UAE. Any legal threats in your home country for the liability you have in the UAE is null and void.
Hello @Dontyouworry! I just received a message from a Tasheel lady that my bank has already initiated a legal action against me. I defaulted for 3 months now with a 54k personal/unsecured loan from ADCB as I am jobless but currently searching for a job. If they really have filed a case againts me, I am ready to pay the court fees even when I am already out of UAE once I secured a job. I am just really stressed with the messages. I never replied with any of those but still it bothers me. 😞

Last edited by miss_d85; 01-19-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:03 AM   #8
keannu
keannu's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Hello @Dontyouworry! I just received a message from a Tasheel lady that my bank has already initiated a legal action against me. I defaulted for 3 months now with a 54k personal/unsecured loan from ADCB as I am jobless but currently searching for a job. If they really have already filed a case againts me, I am ready to pay the court fees even when I am already out of UAE once I secured a job. I am just really stressed with the messages. I never replied with any of those but still it bothers me. 😞
Email is free get a new one and stop accessing your emails you gave to the bank!
keannu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #9
miss_d85

Quote:
Originally Posted by keannu View Post
Email is free get a new one and stop accessing your emails you gave to the bank!
Thanks for the reply @keannu. I am not in my home country right now but can my bank/collection agents from my country harass my family back home? They aren't aware that I had a loan in UAE but I am planning to tell them ahead so they could be ready. I will file a case against any collection agent/agency once they visit and harrass my family.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #10
keannu
keannu's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Thanks for the reply @keannu. I am not in my home country right now but can my bank/collection agents from my country harass my family back home? They aren't aware that I had a loan in UAE but I am planning to tell them ahead so they could be ready. I will file a case against any collection agent/agency once they visit and harrass my family.
Sounds fishy you took a loan without informing your family LOL. How much is a sim card in Philippines? If you are a collector base in Philippines and I have a loan lets say in UAE for 500k dirhams. Will you visit my place without any assurance that you may be able to collect any amount? Will you risk your life visiting my place? If your answer is yes better work as a collection agent. If your answer is no, nobody else will. Except that if the person is that stupid.
keannu is offline   Reply With Quote