Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Business Contracts and Partnerships

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2019, 01:49 PM   #1
paton9
paton9's Flag is: United States

Default Refund or replacement after porch theft of Amazon delivery

Am I guaranteed a refund or re-shipment if an Amazon package is stolen from my front porch where they left the package?
What really can I do if they refuse?
I had one stolen last spring and refunded, but this second time Amazon seems to be giving me the run around.
paton9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-30-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: Refund or replacement after porch theft of Amazon delivery

Finding anything about Amazon's policies is too time consuming for me to do it so I suggest you ask an Amazon rep to point you to the written policy regarding stolen packages.

Seems to me, though, if the delivery guy took a photo of the package sitting on your doorstep and later it's gone, I don't see anybody being responsible for it other than whoever stole it.

Doesn't matter what happened last time. Policies change.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2019, 07:02 PM   #3
Mack10

Keep working with customer service; they will usually help you out and refund.
Also file a police report to show you are serious and honest (filing a false report is a crime and you would be jailed) so they at Amazon will not doubt your word.

There is no absolute rule on the issue. it's like any theft anywhere.
Your home insurance MIGHT apply as well if you want to make a claim for such a small amount.

Install that doorbell camera for 40 bucks if the issue happens in your area often.

Old 11-30-2019, 07:24 PM   #4
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack10 View Post

Your home insurance MIGHT apply as well if you want to make a claim for such a small amount.
Correct. Though most people have deductibles of at least $500 these days so the package would have to be high value to make it worthwhile making the claim.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2019, 02:06 PM   #5
NNan

Don't let them porch drop if you live in an area with problems for that kind of delivery.

Old 12-02-2019, 05:50 AM   #6
Lexus
Top Level Member

Amazon website says "If no one is at the address when delivery is attempted, we will leave the package in a secure location." Check if there was an attempted delivery notice. Locate the tracking number and pull up the tracking details and ensure the package was indeed delivered, and where the package was left. Contact customer service. Reach out to the online retailer and file a report or claim. Call the police non-emergency line and give as many details as possible, including photos and video if you have a security camera.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote