Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Domestic Violence and Abuse

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2018, 05:32 PM   #1
Haeklo
Haeklo's Flag is: Canada

Default Getting a No-Contact Order Lifted/Dropped/Modified in Ontario, Canada

Hey,

I'm going to keep this rather brief. My ex-girlfriend accused me of Sexual Assault and I was charged by the Police. I was released on a Promise to Appear and a stipulation was also a No-Contact Order with direct/in-direct contact.

My ex-girlfriend is pregnant, and I'd like to be able to get info about the pregnancy and how she and our baby are doing with the pregnancy. My case was adjourned, and I'm still yet to receive a disclosure package from the Crown/Courts.

I have an absolutely clean criminal record, this case pending, and I've never harmed or hurt my ex-girlfriend prior to this accusation. I have messages to prove this.

1. How do I go about getting this dropped/changed?
2. What are the chances this will get dropped/changed before the actual trial hearing?

Thanks,
Haeklo
Haeklo is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-25-2018, 05:05 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Getting a No-Contact Order Lifted/Dropped/Modified in Ontario, Canada

I wish to inform you that charges against you may be dropped with permission of court if prosecution agrees to drop charges. Court may dismiss a charge for want of prosecution if prosecution fails to appear or present evidence against you. You may file a motion seeking dismissal of case against you if you may show that there is no evidence against you or facts of complaint fails to satisfy penal provisions. You may present evidence to show that charges against you are false. As regards child you may seek court order that you must be informed about welfare of child.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-25-2018, 01:50 PM   #3
Haeklo
Haeklo's Flag is: Canada

Default Re: Getting a No-Contact Order Lifted/Dropped/Modified in Ontario, Canada

Thank you, AFFA.
Haeklo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2018, 03:07 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

In this regard you are required to request the court to lift the No-Contact order. It is good to move court with the help of a lawyer.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote