USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Medical student hit my nerve while drawing blood.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlobedia
    • Feb 2017
    • Philippines

Medical student hit my nerve while drawing blood.

I donated blood through a school blood donation program. But unfortunately, an intern has hit a nerve. It's causing me so much discomfort. How can I make the school or someone liable?
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Medical student hit my nerve while drawing blood.

I wish to inform you that you may file a case against medical organization conducting blood donation camp as well as your school along with person who had put needle. While your school and medical organization conducting blood donation camp are vicariously liable because medical student causing harm was working for them. You may first send a notice demanding compensation. If they refuse to provide you compensation then you may file a lawsuit. You may present evidence of medical practitioner or person having knowledge which may inform court errors committed by medical student.

AFF

Comment

• tono
      • Sep 2016
      • United States

Originally posted by Carlobedia
      I donated blood through a school blood donation program. But unfortunately, an intern has hit a nerve. It's causing me so much discomfort. How can I make the school or someone liable?

Do you not have health insurance, so that you can see a doctor ASAP?

Comment

• Unregistered

Did you sign a waiver? As is often the case.

That could be a problem for any lawsuit if you did?

Comment

• goddessoflubboc
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • Nov 2011

You can't make someone liable, either they are or aren't.

What are your damages - have you lost use of the hand/arm?

A poorly placed IV caused my thumb and two fingers to go number. Days after it was removed feeling returned. It was just a thing, it happens.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Carlobedia

Good question, what was the final effect?
            Are you still having problems?

You need damages if you want compensation in court!

Comment

• Disagreeable
              Top Level Member
              ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
              • Oct 2012
              • United States

I hit nerves occasionally when giving myself shots. Never thought about trying to sue myself over no damages.
              Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• Unregistered

Hi:
                One quick question: Am I always insured by the blood donor organization itself if I donate blood?
                This discussion above causes me a little concern about donating.

Comment

• Unregistered

Most organizations and hospitals will have some insurance but if in doubt then work only with major hospitals to make your contribution, or verify that the provider has insurance.

tj

Comment

• steiner-law
                    • Aug 2017
                    • United States

The most important thing is to seek medical attention to make sure you are alright. Have your injuries diagnosed and treated. Continue to receive treatment and, once you are able, contact a personal injury lawyer licensed in your state to see if you may have a case. If you are unable to contact a lawyer yourself due to the extent of your injuries and the incident occurred more than a few weeks earlier, have a close friend or relative contact a lawyer on your behalf (i.e., be mindful of any applicable Statute of Limitation).
                    California Personal Injury Law Firm
                    The information provided does not constitute legal advice. The information provided is only intended to be used for educational purposes. Contact a lawyer licensed in your state to receive information specific to your case.
                    Information provided on behalf of Steiner Injury Law (steinerinjurylaw.com)

Comment

• Disagreeable
                      Top Level Member
                      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                      • Oct 2012
                      • United States

One thing clear is OP is not a doctor capable of self diagnosing an injury to a courts satisfaction for a nerve that would usually grow back anyway.
                      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...