•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edgueva45
    • Jan 2017
    • Philippines

Real Attorney

i recently hired an attorney and i wanna find out if she is a practicing attorney for some reason i couldnt find her name on any attorney list even in google i already paid her by doing a deposit in her bank account .if i couldnt find her name in any public list
  • Dannam
    • Sep 2016
    • United States

Re: Real Attorney

Check with the Bar or Law Society where the person resides and/or ask them to provide you further ID information.
    They have to be registered and licensed somewhere.

But then you also have to verify the info they gave you as well.

You shouldn't really hire somebody without checking that closely first if you are unsure.

Comment

• Wenton2
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Sep 2016
      • United States

I'm not sure why you deposited money in her bank account if you're not really sure of the services you will be getting.

Comment

• adjusterjack
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • May 2016

Originally posted by edgueva45
        i recently hired an attorney and i wanna find out if she is a practicing attorney for some reason i couldnt find her name on any attorney list even in google i already paid her by doing a deposit in her bank account .if i couldnt find her name in any public list
        The Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) is the mandatory Bar Association for Filipino lawyers. Membership in the IBP is compulsory for all lawyers in the country. The Philippine Supreme Court requires all lawyers to indicate their Roll of Attorneys Number in all papers and pleadings filed in judicial and quasi-judicial bodies.

You can ask the attorney for her Supreme Court Roll of Attorneys Number and check with the IBP to see if this lawyer is practicing legally:

The Philippine Supreme Court has a list of lawyers that you can check on its website:

Comment

• AnnaMueller
          • Oct 2016
          • United States

Have you deposited full fee?

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by edgueva45
            hmm...never pay till you know what is going on.

Comment

• Danieltaylor
              • May 2018
              • United States

Is there any website where you can contact the attorney?

Comment

• Lexus
                Top Level Member
                ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
                • Sep 2010
                • United States

The proven method to find the authenticity of a lawyer is to check with the Bar Association where s/he states as place of practice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

do blue dogs live on the moon... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...