Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Other Family Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2020, 07:18 AM   #181
MandyD
MandyD's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Surrogate motherhood in Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah, that's important. Someone, who carries responsibility for your program & won't forget about some peculiarities during the way. But let's say if the coordinator does not know answers to your questions? And what happens after the working hours? Did you still call the mc or they have some kind of emergency line or smth? What if you don't like the coordinator in first place, you know anything can happen) Did you have many consultations with the Dr? Who supervised and controlled your Sm?
we had a group chat, where after the working hours one of the senior managers was always online & helped us a lot. I don't think it's a problem to change your mc, they have a number of coordinatos... we had several skype calls with the dr and of course initial consultation. there is a coordinator in a clinic that works with surrogates.
MandyD is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-07-2020, 07:30 AM   #182
MandyD

Quote:
Hello! I have been looking after the thread for a while and found of a great interest your comments about IVMed. I have stumbled upon one of the blogs written by an IP, that they used IVMed but with a different agency. Mandy, could you please give some insight if you have considered other agencies and why have you ended up with IVMed Family. Have you received any discounts? and what are prices like in comparison
Hello! I have looked into different agencies but ivmed family had the best prices and the best packages, the services they offered made sense (because some of the agencies had ridiculous stuff included instead of covering what is really needed). they said that they will make us a discount for next program

Old 05-13-2020, 05:11 AM   #183
SnowJackie_82
SnowJackie_82's Flag is: United States

Hello everyone!
Is there smb who are planning to go to Ukraine to start their treatment (surrogacy, ivf - doesn't matter) in the near future? I've just been reading the news and apparently Ukraine started easing the lockdown step by step, so I believe there is hope it's gonna end soon and we will be able to go there in couple of months! Fingers crossed!
https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020...s-ukraine.html
SnowJackie_82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2020, 06:59 AM   #184
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyD View Post
Hello! I have looked into different agencies but ivmed family had the best prices and the best packages, the services they offered made sense (because some of the agencies had ridiculous stuff included instead of covering what is really needed). they said that they will make us a discount for next program
haha completely agree with ridiculous stuff. I think this is because of huge competition, they do not know what to include to surpass their competitors. I think it's ridiculous, because this kind of approach shows what matter most for the agency. I like how ivmed family is actual with their services.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:19 AM   #185
Unregistered

Quote:
haha completely agree with ridiculous stuff. I think this is because of huge competition, they do not know what to include to surpass their competitors. I think it's ridiculous, because this kind of approach shows what matter most for the agency. I like how ivmed family is actual with their services.
Def agree with everything you have to say, the thing that it's important for us that we are not treated as costumers, you know what I mean... we wan't to be treated as patients and receive real support instead of some useless services and gimmicks. we are interested in professionalism and looking for someone who can deliver

Old 05-20-2020, 07:19 AM   #186
mable 490

Isn't all this kind of activity now canceled with the virus situation?

Old 05-20-2020, 11:46 AM   #187
alex001
alex001's Flag is: European Union - EU

Hi!
We are looking for a surrogacy agency in Ukraine. No ads please! So far we had a terrible experience with one agency. Be aware of agency contracts, typically it's reported that a contract last 2 years after that they will increase and you also have to pay a renewal fee. In our case the agency took 1 year to find one surrogate and for only 1 ET. They claim they tried with other surrogate but did not work, however we did not see anything! really 1 year for 1ET!
alex001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2020, 11:49 AM   #188
alex001

..and make sure that in the child carrying contract there are provisions if the surrogate breaches the contract (ours refused to do the ET unless we gave her extra money). The contract should include the right for the IP to receive compensation and punitive damages from the surrogate if she breaches the contract. And in the agency contract there must be provisions to ensure the agency enforces the child carrying contract.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:53 AM   #189
alex001

we also had bad experience with new life. They lied to us during the negotiations and we decided to move forward

Old 05-22-2020, 09:29 AM   #190
MandyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex001 View Post
Hi!
We are looking for a surrogacy agency in Ukraine. No ads please! So far we had a terrible experience with one agency. Be aware of agency contracts, typically it's reported that a contract last 2 years after that they will increase and you also have to pay a renewal fee. In our case the agency took 1 year to find one surrogate and for only 1 ET. They claim they tried with other surrogate but did not work, however we did not see anything! really 1 year for 1ET!
Omg, sorry for your experience! this really sounds terrible. do you mind sharing what agency was that? I've read you further comments and I can say that a contract from our behalf was signed with a surrogate where every payment was written and the breach of contract from her side was foreseen too. It's truly terrible that she had even such opportunity to ask for more money, I am shocked.
Have you seen that another surrogate?