Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Consumer Complaints

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2007, 11:52 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Oil Change Overcharge

I went to a dealership to get an oil change and they said I needed to change the air filter as well. The total came to 73.50 which seemed like a lot to me so I asked the cashier why it was so much and she said there was a $14 oil recycling fee. I left and two months later my friend who works at a similar dealership told me that the oil recycling fee is only $1 or $2 and they have never charged anyone $14 for that. I called the dealership and asked for a final price quote on an oil change and air filter and they said the final price would be $63. Thus they overcharged me $10 and lied to me.

Is there anything I can do to launch an investigation or sue them for overcharging because I am sure they have tried to pull this on others and if not then they should not get off the hook for screwing me over?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-19-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Oil Change Overcharge

Based on what you say here, you could file suit against them (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; you may also report them to your state attorney general's office.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No