USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Do I have to let the paternal great grandmother of my child have visitation in Texas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fab4
    • Dec 2018
    • United States

Do I have to let the paternal great grandmother of my child have visitation in Texas?

The father and I have been divorced for 4 years and now all of a sudden here comes the great grandmother demanding time.
    Just what I need for xmas.
  • adjusterjack
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • May 2016

Re: Do I have to let the paternal great grandmother of my child have visitation in Te

No, she has no legal right to visitation and you are free to say no.

Read this:

Plenty more where that came from:

Sure, she can go to court and try to prove that getting visitation is in the best interests of the children but that's not going to be easy and likely to be unsuccessful.

Comment

• VVDon
      • May 2017
      • United States

Re: Do I have to let the paternal great grandmother of my child have visitation in Te

Originally posted by Fab4

The father and I have been divorced for 4 years and now all of a sudden here comes the great grandmother demanding time.
      Just what I need for xmas.
      Might not hurt to let her have a cup of coffee with you all if that's possible.
      Imagine how she feels too. It is her relative too and (great) grandkids mean a lot to the elderly.

Comment

• Lexus
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Sep 2010
        • United States

There is nothing wrong in allowing visitation to great grandmother as long as child’s safety is not affected.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a lemon is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...