Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > REAL ESTATE and PROPERTY LAW > Other Real Estate Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2019, 05:48 AM   #1
lation3
lation3's Flag is: United States

Default Husband wants to throw daughter out of apt we own

My husband and I own an apartment building that my daughter is in, he wants to throw my daughter out and i dont - does she legally have to leave?

How can I handle this to make sure my view prevails?
lation3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-04-2019, 10:14 AM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: Husband wants to throw daughter out of apt we own

Quote:
Originally Posted by lation3 View Post

My husband and I own an apartment building that my daughter is in, he wants to throw my daughter out
Why?

Quote:

Get divorced and get awarded the property. Once you own it you can have it your way.

Or, you can deny him sex, stop cooking for him, stop cleaning his clothes. That should bring him around.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2019, 09:32 AM   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
My husband and I own an apartment building that my daughter is in, he wants to throw my daughter out and i dont - does she legally have to leave?

Why is she still living there? Is it without rent? As it seems...
She needs to be taught responsibility! IMHO

Old 03-23-2019, 11:59 AM   #4
AFFA
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that first of all you may speak to your husband and dissuade him from moving out your daughter from your joint apartment. If that is not possible and if both parties are having equal share in the property then you may serve your husband with a legal notice restraining him from moving out your daughter from the joint apartment. If your husband is not dissuaded in the matter then you may file a lawsuit requesting the Court to pass an order to restrain your husband from moving out your daughter from the apartment. The Court will consider all the facts and decide the matter. You may contact a local attorney and seek guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote