Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Civil Litigation

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2016, 01:23 AM   #41
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: How can I get domestic violence charges dropped. Court is Thursday Aug. 30th!!!

I don't see any need to bash your post. You were abused and found the fortitude to put on your big girl panties and fix the problem permanently. If more adults were as responsible, there would not be so many people coming here, that called police on their significant other or spouse, in an attempt to one up them, but do not actually want to fix the real problem, like you did.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-02-2019, 01:36 PM   #42
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I get domestic violence charges dropped. Court is Thursday Aug. 30th!!!

I think sometimes the law enforcement people are too strict in dropping these charges.
i mean sometimes it was just a one time event, it could happen to anybody.
It took me 20 months to to unwind one silly report I made in the heat of the moment.

Old 01-02-2019, 08:29 PM   #43
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think sometimes the law enforcement people are too strict in dropping these charges.
i mean sometimes it was just a one time event, it could happen to anybody.
It took me 20 months to to unwind one silly report I made in the heat of the moment.
Are you so clueless that you can't see that this thread is from 2012? Even more recently 2016?

In addition, law enforcement doesn't "drop charges". You need to learn how the criminal justice system works before making ridiculous comments, Mr. Unregistered.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2019, 05:33 AM   #44
Lillian G

I for one think I know very well how it works and local prosecutors are way too strict on this DV stuff in my opinion, especially in California, it's out of control.
The pendulum has swung too far the wrong way now.