Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS > Traffic and Speeding Tickets

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #21
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: Cited for driving with NO license in Texas, I have an expired license.

Driving with an expired license is the same as driving with no license. So in your case you will be charged as driving with no license. However you will be fined as you are committing offence for the 1st time. Seek help from an attorney.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-07-2014, 09:32 PM   #22
zsmom

Default Re: Cited for driving with NO license in Texas, I have an expired license.

Update: As of February 6th, I am licensed to drive in Texas! I went into the DPS with all of my needed paperwork and was able to get a road test that same day, I passed with flying colors..as I should have seeing as how I am 23 years old.

I will update once more after my court date, crossing my fingers the Judge will see that just being cited was enough of a push for me to get my act together.

Thanks for all of the helpful input and for the not so helpful as well. It's all appreciated. Oh, and to the comment that said it depends on how big my city is.. according to what I've read on google, I'm in the 7th largest city in the U.S. Not sure how old those statistics are but hopefully this all works out in my favor.
zsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2014, 03:41 PM   #23
zsmom

**Final update** You guys can't see, but I'm smiling from ear to ear! I had court today and the Judge dropped the charges ( I didn't even ask him to) since I went in there with my license. He was very pleasant and understanding. All I paid was the court fees and I kept my clean record
zsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2014, 08:55 PM   #24
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

As I said it could vary by jurisdiction. Don't be so negligent in the future.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #25
Unregistered

Glad to see everything worked out for you.

Anytime you get a citation in TX, you are automatically under "Custodial Arrest." By signing the citation that means that they are letting you go without bond if you promise to appear in court. They should have not given you a citation because they had no probable cause to arrest you

Also the police bullied your boyfriend and threaten to steal his car. In Texas law, a police or peace officer can not tow your vehicle unless it is causing an obstruction to traffic. That is why you always pull into a parking lot of a bussiness/gas station. That is private property and only the business owner/manager can have the vehicle towed.

Additionally you are under no abligation to show any cop your drivers license. You have the right to remain silent anything you say or do an be used against you. That includes any oral or physical information you provide. By showing them your license you have waived your right to remain silent because any information on that license can be used against you and you can not be compelled to self incriminate (unless you waive that right).

When you demand your rights the cop will try to bully you and say that you are required to identify yourself. That is only half right, however in Texas law you are only required to identify yourself only once you have been arrested for another crime AND only a verbal identification is required. You have to provide Name, DOB, and Address and that's it

Old 02-16-2014, 04:08 AM   #26
goddessoflubboc
Top Level Member

You are mistaken on your broad generalization of Texas law. In many cities across Texas if you are pulled over and found to not have current car insurance, the police will have you towed, regardless of where you park.

I'm not even going to get into "custodial arrest" and probable cause.
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2019, 04:52 AM   #27
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsmom View Post
**Final update** You guys can't see, but I'm smiling from ear to ear! I had court today and the Judge dropped the charges ( I didn't even ask him to) since I went in there with my license. He was very pleasant and understanding. All I paid was the court fees and I kept my clean record
Well you are lucky because I went in this week under the same circumstances andn got knocked with a big fine for not having alll papers with me and for wasting the time of the officers and the court???

Arghh in TX...

Old 07-12-2019, 12:26 PM   #28
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well you are lucky because I went in this week under the same circumstances andn got knocked with a big fine for not having alll papers with me and for wasting the time of the officers and the court???

Arghh in TX...
Why are you responding to someone who hasn't been here in five YEARS???
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2019, 05:49 AM   #29
miranda77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Arghh in TX...

Don't drive without your papers!! Kind of a universal rule these days!

Old 07-16-2019, 10:39 AM   #30
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda77 View Post
Don't drive without your papers!! Kind of a universal rule these days!
You're another brain surgeon responding to the idiot...
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote