Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #1
dubaiuhd
dubaiuhd's Flag is: Philippines

Default Emirates Islamic CC

Good day! Currently in Dubai, I have taken a credit card from emirates Islamic bank by automatic without me giving any blank cheque, The total outstanding now is 225,000 AED. Now I am missing my payment for 2 months now and I am receiving calls from collection department with pressured to pay, even they contacted my sister and my husband for the collection. I do not have any intention to run away and I want to settle this amount but I need time as I lost my job at the same time.
Kindly advise what is the best solution you can give me as this bank collector agent is pressuring me and keep calling everyday though I'm answering their calls and I'm asking for some time but still they're keeping giving some deadline which is I cant promise if I can pay to their given date.. Can they file against me as they send me also an email for legal action by this third party collector? Please help..
dubaiuhd is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-11-2019, 02:28 PM   #2
ccdebt
ccdebt's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiuhd View Post
Good day! Currently in Dubai, I have taken a credit card from emirates Islamic bank by automatic without me giving any blank cheque, The total outstanding now is 225,000 AED. Now I am missing my payment for 2 months now and I am receiving calls from collection department with pressured to pay, even they contacted my sister and my husband for the collection. I do not have any intention to run away and I want to settle this amount but I need time as I lost my job at the same time.
Kindly advise what is the best solution you can give me as this bank collector agent is pressuring me and keep calling everyday though I'm answering their calls and I'm asking for some time but still they're keeping giving some deadline which is I cant promise if I can pay to their given date.. Can they file against me as they send me also an email for legal action by this third party collector? Please help..
What do you mean by giving you a credit card by automatic? did you sign any security cheque? I dont think its possible for you to have a credit card in UAE without giving them a sign security cheque.
ccdebt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Emirates Islamic CC

I wish to inform you that Article 401 of the UAE Federal Penal Code provides that the drawer of a bounced cheque should be sentenced to detention or fined. Such detention is for a period not less than one month and not more than three years, while the fine is for an amount not less than AED 1,000 and not more than AED 300,000. In Dubai, the bouncing of a cheque of AED 200,000 or less is categorized as a “simple crime” holding the penalty of a fine not exceeding AED 5,000 to AED 10,000. Accordingly, the drawers of bounced cheques for a value of AED 200,000 (or less) can be sentenced by the Dubai Public Prosecution directly (without being referred to Courts), however, the sentence shall be for a fine only which does not exceed AED 5,000 to AED 10,000 (in practice). You may contact a local attorney and seek guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2019, 03:21 AM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdebt View Post
What do you mean by giving you a credit card by automatic? did you sign any security cheque? I dont think its possible for you to have a credit card in UAE without giving them a sign security cheque.
I did not signed anything nor submitted any cheque. Its just one day one agent call me that i have credit from emirates islamic and they will deliver to me. After that i received email stating that i have the credit card and i am agree with the terms and condition.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:26 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that Article 401 of the UAE Federal Penal Code provides that the drawer of a bounced cheque should be sentenced to detention or fined. Such detention is for a period not less than one month and not more than three years, while the fine is for an amount not less than AED 1,000 and not more than AED 300,000. In Dubai, the bouncing of a cheque of AED 200,000 or less is categorized as a “simple crime” holding the penalty of a fine not exceeding AED 5,000 to AED 10,000. Accordingly, the drawers of bounced cheques for a value of AED 200,000 (or less) can be sentenced by the Dubai Public Prosecution directly (without being referred to Courts), however, the sentence shall be for a fine only which does not exceed AED 5,000 to AED 10,000 (in practice). You may contact a local attorney and seek guidance.

AFF
In my case i did not given any cheque with them, In case that i want to settle this to the bank are they willing to give me time? As i lost my job or are they request to submit a cheque this time for their security purposes? Thank you for the help..

Old 07-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #6
ccdebt
ccdebt's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I did not signed anything nor submitted any cheque. Its just one day one agent call me that i have credit from emirates islamic and they will deliver to me. After that i received email stating that i have the credit card and i am agree with the terms and condition.
If that is the case. Then you dont have to worry about bounce cheque case since they dont have any security cheque to file a case on you.
ccdebt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2019, 12:41 PM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdebt View Post
If that is the case. Then you dont have to worry about bounce cheque case since they dont have any security cheque to file a case on you.
Thank you for your response i really appreciate.. is there any legal case that they can file to me? I am willing really to pay my debt its just i need time to look for another job.. should i visit the bank and talk to them? Will they give me option of payment or will they give me consideration about my sutuation? As i was really worries the amount is really high. Thank you.