Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Civil Litigation

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2015, 12:07 AM   #11
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Insurance Company Trying to Sue Me -- Special Auto Insurance Policy (SAIP)

Please don't necropost this thread died 2 years ago.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-14-2015, 04:53 PM   #12
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;318726]You know nothing about this persons other than the fact that they have saip yet you say that they should be sued. A car is important and they're expensive. Sometimes an 8 dollar an hour job with no benefits while you're going to school for the next 6 years just wont cut it. Its not a shameful thing to have this insurance if you need it to get by and are safe. Everyone wants to judge and assume but you know what the say when you assume. No this person should not have to take a bus and no they shouldnt be sued just because thats your opinion, leave that up to the court you ass.[/QUOTE

listen my brother was hit by a driver of one of these policies. needed neck an back surgery permanent disability. guess who walked away without a care in the world??! the welfare recipient. while my brother lost mobility suffers with chronic pain and has permanent disability they roll around wrecking lives!!!! all for a dollar a day. it's disgusting and they should be sued! so if your poor self goes to play the lottery and wins victims of these horrific policy holders can at least claim their right to compensation. the cost of his medical bills are over 250k and the only out of pocket they pay is 360 bucks a year?! this is a huge injustice! they should throw this law out. take the bus walk if you can't afford insurance. if you work how is one on Medicaid? if u are so poor maybe use the welfare to get a dang education so you don't make 8 bucks an hour. oh and don't have kids you can't afford. everyone wants to act so entitled. food stamps and gov assistance is meant to be temporary not a career!

Old 12-24-2015, 04:39 PM   #13
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by scutofwump View Post
Hello. My state ( New Jersey ) offers something called dollar-a-day car insurance . ( Special Auto Insurance Policy ) shows the coverage. It is offered for people who are currently enrolled in Medicaid and cannot afford car insurance. In 2008 i was in a car accident in which I was found at-fault for. The other car that got hit was a new cadillac covered with a full coverage policy in which the cost in damages was covered by their insurance company. Now the insurance company is taking me to court and sueing me for the costs (40 grand). I am 23 years old and still currently on Medicaid, so as you can assume I have nothing to offer. I dont understand how the insurance company can sue me as they are under contract with their consumer to provide such coverage. Please help with any legal advice as you can offer as I am representing myself. Thankyou
Im currently in this situation. Someone slammed into the back of me while stopped at a red light. He doesn't have liability insurance since he has this crappy NJ policy. So now I have to go through my insurance company and my rates will go up. Why should my rates go up because of the carelessness of someone else. While this guy gets to walk around with his $360 insurance and not have a care in the world. I'm 40 years old and have paid my own insurance policy since I was 17. Worked my way through college and had several jobs at one time. I don't feel bad for you. This policy is a joke and you should be liable for the damages that you have caused.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:28 AM   #14
Unregistered

Default Re: Insurance Company Trying to Sue Me -- Special Auto Insurance Policy (SAIP)

WELL HERE I GO AUDI OWNER A8L hit by a 94 honda with dollar a day insurance tryna figure out how i can get my car atleast fixed smh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I worked for many years in an insurance company. And many times people who had this type of "Insurance", would come in and open several different policies. Ofttimes, they were getting this "insurance" for a friend or relative (how I came to this conclusion....when it was time to pay for the policy the person they were with paid the fee).

I personally think that it is unfair that if a person who has this type of insurance bears no responsibility at all for damaging another persons vehicle and go 'scott' free with regard to not having to pay for any damages. If the law states you must have liability to be on the road why are those who have this SAIP policy not held responsible.

It is also unfair that if they hit you, they don't have the monies to pay for your vehicle, but if you hit them they are quick to sue you.

The only reason this type of "insurance" stays in effect is because the people who are less fortunate do not live in their neighborhood(lawmakers/legislators) with their luxury vehicles. The day one of these SAIP drivers hits their high-end vehicle let's see how long this type of insurance with stay in place.

Old 03-20-2016, 12:54 AM   #15
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Quote:
WELL HERE I GO AUDI OWNER A8L hit by a 94 honda with dollar a day insurance tryna figure out how i can get my car atleast fixed smh
Hopefully you have collision to allow your insurance to deal with the issue if you cannot deal with his company yourself. You should report a potential future claim to your company if you have collision.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2016, 08:06 PM   #16
Unregistered

Is there any way to deal with the insurer and get some help without hiring an expensive lawyer?? I don't feel I can do it myself. They are very rude.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:09 PM   #17
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Quote:
Is there any way to deal with the insurer and get some help without hiring an expensive lawyer?? I don't feel I can do it myself. They are very rude.
If you can't do it yourself, who else will do it for you?

Has to be a lawyer for at least two reasons:

1 - Anybody trying to help you who is not an attorney is acting illegally (unlicensed practice of law).

2 - The insurance company claim rep isn't going to give anybody the time of day except you or an attorney representing you.

Now how about providing some details about your claim and maybe I can give you some tips about how to deal with the insurance company.

Start with the date of the accident, the state it occurred in, details of the accident, who's at fault, and what has happened between you and the insurance company since then.

Do me a favor and start a new thread of your own with all the details and put adjusterjack in the title so it gets my attention.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2019, 05:37 PM   #18
kendall8

I never heard of this dollar a day insurance program.
Why do they offer it if everybody seems so against it - on this forum at least?
Is it offered in all states or just the ones discussed here?

I would like to get it but I don't really understand why everybody is complaining if it IS legal?

Old 09-28-2019, 12:19 PM   #19
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

It's easy to find out if it's done in your state, just call your insurance department.

If you want it, and it's available, go buy it. No need to care what anybody else says about it.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2019, 08:13 PM   #20
olive
Top Level Member

To my knowledge that is NOT a widely used program (or even similar variations) across the US, so if you are not in NJ you may not find that option.
olive is offline   Reply With Quote